Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

My 2 cents on the whole sand mode thing. From what I have experienced, when taking off WOT from a standing stop, the Ecoboost turbos don't seem like happy campers, thus the Ford induced torque management. What I mean about being unhappy campers is that occasionally when stomping on the gas, it seems like the engine turns off....no power...nothing....until you let off the gas, coast a little, then everything comes back. This could be what this 'class action lawsuit' is tied into. Putting the vehicle into sand mode allows for more torque, but again seems to stress the turbos out from a standing start and WOT. This happens even without the Livernois or other specialty tunes. With the tune, which allow for more boost (among other things), the bogging down/'shutting off' condition is just that much easier to make occur. Couple all this with temperature/humidity.....you get the idea.

I could be completely wrong with all this, but it's what I've noticed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you saying it is safe to run in Sand mode 100% of the time? I don't remember verbatim but in the Ford manual it says not to run in Sand mode constantly.. only use it when needed/applicable.

I would recommend to follow the manufacturers suggestions or guidelines. I was just stating that customers have told me they like the way it handles for normal driving conditions in sand mode.

Anthony......any closer to releasing the XV1 tune (or updates to the existing tunes)? I'm not having any trouble running the higher boost tunes I received from you a couple of months ago. Just curious to see how much more that can be squeezed out of the Ecoboost, but still be driven on a daily basis.

We have begun to complete some strategy codes of the Explorer sport Xv1 tune, but it has not officially been released 100% for all strategies. I did not want to make the official post saying it has been released until all strategy codes are supported.
-Anthony

We have begun to complete some strategy codes of the Explorer sport Xv1 tune, but it has not officially been released 100% for all strategies. I did not want to make the official post saying it has been released until all strategy codes are supported.
-Anthony

Ya'll just cracked my stratgey so while it's fresh go ahead and Xv1 me, lol.

Ya'll just cracked my stratgey so while it's fresh go ahead and Xv1 me, lol.

Your strategy is still in development for Xv1 unfortunately. If you have not already sent a request to info@livernoismotorsports.com you can send your request and I will add you to the list. Also you will need the 3 bar MAP sensor and 170 degree thermostat to run the Xv1 tune if you have not already purchased.
-Anthony

Just sent an email asking about my strategy.

Your strategy is still in development for Xv1 unfortunately. If you have not already sent a request to info@livernoismotorsports.com you can send your request and I will add you to the list. Also you will need the 3 bar MAP sensor and 170 degree thermostat to run the Xv1 tune if you have not already purchased.
-Anthony

I have the 170 installed already. I do not have the 3 bar but i'm assuming it is on the livernois webpage?
I installed the 93 hboost today. Had to check my spark plugs and from the factory they were all .30
Are the factory plugs fine at .30 or will the colder plugs be needed?

-Anthony

Just sent an email asking to be added to the list.
Thank you!!!!!:thumbsup:

I have the 170 installed already. I do not have the 3 bar but i'm assuming it is on the livernois webpage?
I installed the 93 hboost today. Had to check my spark plugs and from the factory they were all .30
Are the factory plugs fine at .30 or will the colder plugs be needed?

Just sent an email asking about my strategy.

Just sent an email asking to be added to the list.
Thank you!!!!!:thumbsup:

Emails have been received. The factory plugs at .030" are a good option. We have not needed colder heat range plugs with any of our tunes.

I also ordered the 3bar map sensor today :D

Thank you very much for your orders.

Hate to nag but when is the Corsa Exhaust going to be released.

My 3 bar just showed up, sent an email to update my tunes and get the XV1!

Come on Livernois guys......I stopped by your shop the other day and got my 3 bar sensor....and it's begging to get used!!!!! Hopefully the test run you took while I was there confirmed all is good. This would be a great weekend to put the XV1 tune in my Exploder and trying it out........just saying.

Hate to nag but when is the Corsa Exhaust going to be released.

Our Corsa test fit went good. We have sent the kit back to have made so hope to see the final production kit back for inspection very soon.

Come on Livernois guys......I stopped by your shop the other day and got my 3 bar sensor....and it's begging to get used!!!!! Hopefully the test run you took while I was there confirmed all is good. This would be a great weekend to put the XV1 tune in my Exploder and trying it out........just saying.

Thank you for stopping in. I will check with my tuning department today to see how it looks for you guys. We appreciate the patience.
-Anthony

Livernois.......help a brother out here. I purchased the 3-bar MAP sensor from you guys under the impression the XV1 tune would be available within a couple of days. Granted, I don't want you guys to release it until it is 'solid', but I'm really anxious to get it (my type A personality leaks out). After meeting with your tuner last week, I know you are committed to doing it all right.......but when is this puppy going to be ready????

Livernois.......help a brother out here. I purchased the 3-bar MAP sensor from you guys under the impression the XV1 tune would be available within a couple of days. Granted, I don't want you guys to release it until it is 'solid', but I'm really anxious to get it (my type A personality leaks out). After meeting with your tuner last week, I know you are committed to doing it all right.......but when is this puppy going to be ready????

I apologize for the delay. My tuner is working on the strategy codes as we speak. I will be the first to let you know when your tuner is ready to update. We appreciate your patience.

What is the 0-60 change with the livernois tuners for 93 octane.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back