Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4 | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2005 Explorer XLT 4X4

Here's my X, so far, but first a little background story...
jeepchrome.jpg

So this Jeep is what I was going to buy. I was a few thousand short of it. :( It was fully loaded. Exhaust, Intake, Lift, Wheels, Fuzzy Back Seat :D (J/K). I failed on that then looked at a sport trac and ended up with this Tan Explorer. She's come a long way in just 5 or 6 months of owning her. So...
Its a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT with 4wd. I bought it on Friday July 9th, 2010. It had 60K miles when I purchased it. It now has 67K. So far I love having it. Gas mileage isn't so great, but I knew that when I purchased it. I have modded it up so check it out. Enjoy! :)

Day I bought it,
copy001.jpg

First Mod...An upper billet grille and a lower billet grille
32.jpg

Clear Corners;
clearcorners3.jpg

Her first mud bath, no running boards
mudside.jpg

mudend.jpg

Future Plans, TRUXXX lift kit, Cragar Soft 8's or some new wheels, tail light guards, LED tail lights, black headlights, and a bunch of other stuff I can't think of. Any comments or suggstions are welcome.

EDIT: Update! :)
A couple months later, and here she is...
4th gen mirrors, Bull Bar, Aux Lights, New Speakers, New Pioneer HU, Painted Billet Grilles Black, Tail Light Guards, 4.0L Emblem, Intake, Exhaust, HIDS coming soon :)
fordtlguards.jpg

newradio.jpg

newestintake.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

Here's how she sits today (january 2011):
snowtrip.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

But right now you are thinking about how you can get the cooler installed, right?

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

She is installed mate :D The big unit sit's outside at ground level and the cold/heated air comes out of a unit mounted inside:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 26032011.jpg
    26032011.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 455
  • 26032011_002.jpg
    26032011_002.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 467
  • 26032011_001.jpg
    26032011_001.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 450

She is installed mate The big unit sit's outside at ground level and the cold/heated air comes out of a unit mounted inside

I know mate. I was talking about the beer cooler. Better have another cup of java, maybe Irish it up!!!

Sorry, you got it, the brain cell's are regrowing and they are only young and stupid. Damn it mate, an irish coffee would hit the bloody spot right now 4 day's on the square and only 24 to go!

Stay the course mate, stay the course!

Aye Sir, fair weather ahead and no sign of three sheet's to the wind.

Quite a nice set-up with the A/C heater.

Front skid plate time soon. :D Sheet metal with some 3/16 bars flat behind. That should work.

Sweet:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

6-1.jpg

9.jpg

Pictures from my Antelope Island Trip today.

Wow man, freaking awesome!

Nate, looking good. I was half expecting to see an antelope strapped across the hood. Kind of like if Lynchy said he was taking a trip to 'roo island. :p:

Hahahaha, classic mate!

Front Skid plate done for now :D Pics to come soon

Love the pic Nate- looks cool with that background.

Sorry for the hijack, but Lynchy- you have GOT to clean that redwood stain off that box. It's bugging the living piss out of me. :D

Today's job mate, I was just waiting until I'd finished all the coat's. All's good, it WILL be done! (just so you can get a good night's sleep amigo :D)

A pic of the skid plate
10.jpg

Just a few others from today.
11.jpg

12-1.jpg

Coming along great Nate!!! Is this just a mock up or is that where your going to end up mounting the rear of the skid plate?

Coming along great Nate!!! Is this just a mock up or is that where your going to end up mounting the rear of the skid plate?

--The mounting points are all where they will be, I think. I may go up to the bolts that are behind the cross member. The 3/16" steel frame will be made probably this summer. Right now the mock up will probably remain as it should be enough protection to the power steering cooler if I run into some sage brush or something. The mock up will even remain on after the heavy duty metal is installed behind; probably will make it look better.
--The skid frame will run all the way up to the bottom of the radiator and the top mounts on the skid frame will go to the bull bar mounts.
Hmm...I have to make sure that access to the radiator is still easy. Back to the drawing board? Maybe...

--With the mock up I will have all the necessary angles known. I'm satisfied with how "stage 1" of this has come out. Looks pretty good. I do have a few holes drilled in the plate to allow for some air flow up to the P.S. cooler.

--Currently my next paycheck is going to go to finishing up the tire rack.

Wicked mate, I was worried about busting up the nut's on mine by bolting under the Xmember and went for the backside of it. Spray heaps of that stuff that loosen's stuck bolt's on them (I didnt and it stripped) and I left abit of clearance (1/4") between the Xmember and the plate to help with cleaning (don't know if that had to be done or not?)
Can't wait to see pic's of your tyre carrier mate!!!

Back