Locking Hubs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Locking Hubs

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

basically remove the old lock nuts off the bearings and replace them with the double nut conversion that autozone sells,then put the new hubs on,done deal.

are you looking to replace an auto hub, or to convert to manual hubs?

when i click the link i just go to the vehicle selection screen

i need to know if this is what i need to replace my broken stock auto locking hubs

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...me=Hub+(4+Wheel+Drive)&searchText=mile+marker
Yes both the new manual Hubs (#428) and the Conversion kit. Make sure the Kit is has enough hardware to do both sides. Two washers with Holes and 4 Nuts..two nuts should have small pins pressed in the side.The Hubs will not look like the picture... they will look like your Auto Hubs but the center will have a rotating slot instead of the 4x4 logo.

Thanks! Yeah i went to AutoZone and I asked the guy to show me the #428 Manual locking hubs and he got them down and show me and its exactly wat i need. But there is a new question...Have you ever found them for less than $180?

I bought mine at On-Line at 4x4Cyberstore.COM for less but I don't think they are in business anymore.

You might do better On-line but watch the Shipping Charges.
Keep in mind the crappy Auto Hubs for the 'X' are twice the price

i dont want auto hubs i want the manuals. i would like the convenience of the auto but they are too expensive and really weak. the manual mile markers are a higher quality and are made with steel internals unlike the plastic on the auto's

i dont want auto hubs i want the manuals. i would like the convenience of the auto but they are too expensive and really weak. the manual mile markers are a higher quality and are made with steel internals unlike the plastic on the auto's

I agree 100% I'm just saying that although $180 hurts the Wallet.. the inferior Autos are much more.
1/2 install and you are done.
Just make sure you know how to put on the New Nut set. (Kit)
It's identical to the Older GM trucks so when I saw it, it was a no brainer

http://www.ducatimeccanica.com/tool.html

Back