Lookin for 31" mud tire | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lookin for 31" mud tire

i am gettin ready to install a 2" or 3" BL (not sure on which yet) but i was wanting some suggestions on a good 31" mud tire (make,price,etc.)
I will probably run these on my stock rim until money allows me to buy a set of 15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic Lock.

I like the BFGoodrich M/T or the Goodyear Wrangler M/T.
Anyone running either of these? How do they do on the road?

Open for all suggestions :thumbsup:
Thanks in advance!! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've heard good things about the bfg. I have mastercrafts and love them, they dig really well, clear out well, sing alittle bit but not bad, and with 40psi that i'm running they're wearing pretty well. Out of those two i'd got with the bfg though, dont know just about the wranglers.

Good luck!
CP

Hey Mcane6 you might as well throw 32"s under it if you go with the 3" body lift, I don't know if you'll settle for an all terrain but it just so happens I upgraded to 33"s and have a set of 32"x11.50"xR15 BFG all Terrains with like 90% tread left on 'em. The BFG all terrain is a great on and off road tire especially in the snow(probably don't get much of that in GA.), and they last a very long time a buddy of mine got around 80,000 miles on a set. If you're insterested post back here on your tread or go under the buy, sell, trade forum and post under "32x11.50x15 BFGs". Good luck with the body lift. :)

'92 explorer 4x4, 3" body lift, 5.5" superlift suspension, 33"x12.50" Procomp
X-Terrains, New 5 spd tranny, going to add 4.10s, selectable lockers, and maybe a snorkel. :exp:

go with the 3 in. lift is addictive.Don't do the 2.And the wranglers look cool annd are a little better in the mud.....

Xplorer92
a friend of mine has the same tire on his jeep. he has put about 20,000 on them and they still look good as new. I like the all terrain but i think im going to go with a mud terrain tire instead.

bipolarbob
the reason i have been favoring the 2" BL is that everything hooks back up stock
and the 3" BL i would have to add on some extensions to lines and stuff.
is this correct? im kinda new to all this stuff but ive got a good idea on alot of things from this forum and i just want to double check everyones ideas before i go out and start buying all these parts for my X.
what tire should i go with BFG or Wrangler??

If you get the 3" Trailmaster body lift kit, which is what I did, you will find that it comes with all the hardware you need to extend your vitals. Also it comes with detailed instructions on how to do it, it really isn't that difficult and you will regret not having that extra inch when you need it. If ya know what I mean Ha, Ha :p . The only things you will have to extend is your engine ground (the kit come with a 3" bracket for that), parking brake bracket (in the kit), relocate your front bumper (the kit comes with the brackets to do that), and if you have a 5 spd. you will need to buy that extention seperately. The most time consuming part of this process is gutting the interior to access your body mount bolts, so if you're going to go to all that trouble anyway you might as well do the 3", plus it will be more rewarding to you when you are finished. Oh by the way neither kit comes with any thing to raise the rear bumper you will have to fab that yourself.
Hope this helps, and good luck. :)

I have a set of the 32 x 11.5-15 BFG M/T's on my Zuk and they're great! The only place they are a little squirrely is on hardpack snow. Other than that, I'd highly recommend them.

well we dont get alot of snow here in GA so i think they will work great for me
thanks for all the input!!

Back