• Register Today It's free!

Looking for a good dealer.

Steve7647

Reaction score
City, State
Oak Lawn, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
I live on the south side of Chicago (oak lawn) I was wondering if anyone knows a good dealership to order a 2014 exp IF! they ever get announced. I have been to a few and none really blew me off my feet. And all say they know nothing about the 2014 and won't till the end of the year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do you mean "if" they get announced? They have been available to order for over a month now with the first ones showing up to dealers by the end of June.

Don't usually use the dealerships, but when we do we usually go to Willowbrook Ford just because its close. There was another one we used but they closed down/moved. If you don't mind a drive you could try Anderson Ford in Clinton.

Don't usually use the dealerships.

How do you buy the car then??

Riley what I mean is,

I am waiting for ford post the car to there website, I am not going to walk and order a car blind especially for that price.

How do you buy the car then??

Riley what I mean is,

I am waiting for ford post the car to there website, I am not going to walk and order a car blind especially for that price.

Elsewhere in this site there is information about the changes for the 2014's, which is very little. Color options, second row center console option for the Sport, etc. So essentially the 2013 website information is the same from what many of us can tell, with slight option and color changes for the 2014 model year. So some like myself have ordered the 2014 model since I've looked at and drove the 2013's at the dealer and understand what I'm buying in such case and the dealer has provided me with the 2014 pricing which is also mostly the same. Since there is not redesign of the Explorer for 2014 its pretty much the same as the 2013. I called the Ford marketing number to be put on the list for a 2014 brochure once its available. I suspect the 2014's will show up on the Xplan website and Ford website sometime this summer, but haven't heard for sure yet. Production for 2014's starts around June 3rd. So from this forum I've done my research and know what I'm buying, and I ordered with with the exact options that I wanted. I agree, its a lot of money, but also have the option of not taking the car when it arrives if its not what I thought it would be too. You can reach an agreement with your dealer in that regards.

And if you order a sport - they'll be glad to have you back out - they can then sell it at a profit since they only stay on the lot a day or two :)

Be interesting to see some stats to either back up or contradict my last statement - all I can go by is what I've seen here in dfw...

most that show (online) they have one, really don't - it's in the pipeline or gone :)

And if you order a sport - they'll be glad to have you back out - they can then sell it at a profit since they only stay on the lot a day or two :)

Be interesting to see some stats to either back up or contradict my last statement - all I can go by is what I've seen here in dfw...

most that show (online) they have one, really don't - it's in the pipeline or gone :)

I believe you are 100% correct on that. The only Sport I was able to view "live" at a dealer was in their back with a sold sign on it and I couldn't even open the doors to it. Most seem to be sold on their way to the dealer or shortly after they arrive. They also get sticker price too from what I was told. I'm in Phoenix so the situation could be different elsewhere. My dealer said they would gladly take mine if I didn't want it for any reason when it shows up.

I have been shopping around my area for an exp the one dealer tried to sell it to me way over ford.com price if I built the exact same one and another dealer didn't seem right. I want to order a limited 4x4 302a package one. And I revive for family discount.

I live on the south side of Chicago (oak lawn) I was wondering if anyone knows a good dealership to order a 2014 exp IF! they ever get announced. I have been to a few and none really blew me off my feet. And all say they know nothing about the 2014 and won't till the end of the year.

Hi Steve7647,

As others have said, order banks for the 2014 are already open. I'm told that updates to the website will appear sometime this summer, but I wasn't given a specific date. I recommend staying in close contact with your preferred dealership for when you can expect to see them on lots. You can, of course, place your order now if you'd like. Once you do, send me a PM with your order number and dealership name; I'll be happy to provide you with weekly updates on your Explorer's status. :)

Crystal

Back