• Register Today It's free!

looking for advice or ideas

brnbomr

Reaction score
City, State
novato,ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
92,ex. 2000 7.3l
hears the problem. iv got all the old stuff out from under the truck and bought a d44 off a 78 bronco, i want to leave it full width to match the 9" i just finished. im thinking that it would be best to move the axle forward so that i will be able to run bigger tires thats not hard. the thing i am haveing trouble with and have thought about for weeks is the steering box hump on the drivers side, how will i get the coil buckets to match in width and still keep it strong. i have read about it and have not come up with an answer that i can see working. i have the stock buckets and ones off a 72 f150 they are a bit wider than the stock ones. any input is usefull, thanks.

What springs are you using? I moved mine a little forward from the stock explorer location, but that hump makes it a real pain in the a$$. Coilovers would solve that problem, but cause another in the funding department.

ya i looked into that they are way to expensive and i still would have to cut into the engine compartment and make hoops, but that would look sick.
How far did you move it up? Im looking for 3". not shure what hight the sprung springs need to beuntil the buckets are on, but bronco springs sprung for a 4.0lt. I think i should have costom buckets made from Fabworks in santa rosa but that still is more problems. if anyone has don this sort of thing let me know how its don. With the fabing the ones i have thing.

Back