Loose USB Connections | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Loose USB Connections

patsy1099

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
Anyone else having trouble with their USB connections? All of mine seem to have loose fits when connecting my OEM Apple cable. The loose fit seems to cause choppy connections when playing audio. Streaming that same audio via Bluetooth works fine. When I wiggle the cable it seems to cut in and out. It is happening in all the ports.

I need to go buy a new cable and see if it makes a difference. The reason I'm worried though is that the same cable works fine in my other vehicles and computers. It just seems unusually loose in the explorer usb ports.

Anyone else having trouble with their USB connections? All of mine seem to have loose fits when connecting my OEM Apple cable. The loose fit seems to cause choppy connections when playing audio. Streaming that same audio via Bluetooth works fine. When I wiggle the cable it seems to cut in and out. It is happening in all the ports.

I need to go buy a new cable and see if it makes a difference. The reason I'm worried though is that the same cable works fine in my other vehicles and computers. It just seems unusually loose in the explorer usb ports.
No problem with Apple USB cable in my 2015 Sport. My itouch plays perfectly.

Back