Los Coyotes Run Pictures [4-6,7,8-01] | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Los Coyotes Run Pictures [4-6,7,8-01]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice photo's of the snowy area. I have never seen snow at Los Coyote, a nice change from the dry arid look usually in the summer time. What trails were you able to do with the snow? Dangerous Road, Laby Bug Lane, Marshmellow Hill or any of the harder trails.

Forgot to ask Tom D. how his new MT/R tires work out there, and also how his rear Detroit work in the snow.
Usually with a Detroit the snow is not a good thing.
Looks like you guy's had a good time anyway.

i went everywhere the "big guys" went except jeep squeeze and a couple of the harder "locker only" sections that i just used the bypass areas.....we did do left turn hill( i had to back down as my swaybar was still connected), dangerous road,and some others with stream crossings etc.......

Originally posted by Paul M Bredehoft
Forgot to ask Tom D. how his new MT/R tires work out there, and also how his rear Detroit work in the snow.
Usually with a Detroit the snow is not a good thing.
Looks like you guy's had a good time anyway.

Paul, I had zero problems from those two! They was GREAT! Talk about putting glue on a tire..

Best money I ever spent - MT/R's, and a Detroit Locker in the rear.

Almost everything I've tried, with the ARB in the front off, was easy! I only needed the ARB for about 3 things - and on the third one, I found I had already broke the ARB.

It was great - we did Dangerous Road, Rough Road and Jeep Squeeze, Old Mine Road, Dangerous Road trying everything we found (including snow covered rocks), visited the watch tower, back down Rough Road, and on sunday we went looking at Bronco Hill, El Hill on Sunday (and did another trail, that dead ended - and I have no idea what it's name was, other than it was a blast!)

We even did all this with no strapping, winching of any kind. That was so strange!

I haven't had so much fun. Rain, Mud, Dirt, Ice, Snow. All in one run. MT/R's RULE! Did I mention MT/R's are great?

Ok, ok.. MT/R's are just plain great. Detroit Lockers and MT/R's are great! Talk about putting glue on wheels.. :)

More later!

WOW!!! I'm impressed Tom about the MT/R's, now I can't wait to try mine out. Look's like my April 16 date will have to be postpone until next month sometime.
Both Tom Rio (Fakrwee) and I are having some extensive mod's done on our trucks right now & they won't be done until the end of the month, then we will go out and try the trucks out.

Did you do El Hill or Bronco Hill? Bronco Hill is a bear to do but I have done it once, El Hill isn't to bad if you get the right line going up, coming down the back side is even more exciting. Glad you guy's had a good time, to bad it's going to be closed down soon.

i am not sure as i left early sunday after breakfast but blurb around the fire was to not do el hill or the bronco one because of the slippery conditions

Originally posted by Paul M Bredehoft
Did you do El Hill or Bronco Hill? Bronco Hill is a bear to do but I have done it once, El Hill isn't to bad if you get the right line going up, coming down the back side is even more exciting. Glad you guy's had a good time, to bad it's going to be closed down soon.

We decided NOT to do those two hills; I wanted to be able to drive home, and it was muddy/wet when we visited. I'd try them if it was dry. We just visited, and talked about which lines to take.

Besides, we was running out of time, and needed to pack and get out before they close.

tom, where are your pics? are you going to post them?....also went today and visited my high school auto teacher. we hooked up my truck and it said it was a 1994 ford 2.3 liter ranger?....well anyways, it said exhaust gas oxygen sensor rich and lean conditions........time to change o2 sensor.....he said the computer said i have 2..do i? and where is it/them?

Did I mention the MT/R's worked great?

I had a blast!

yes tom you did!:)

Originally posted by jimabena74
tom, where are your pics? are you going to post them?
I'll be posting them tomorrow.

....also went today and visited my high school auto teacher. we hooked up my truck and it said it was a 1994 ford 2.3 liter ranger?....well anyways, it said exhaust gas oxygen sensor rich and lean conditions........time to change o2 sensor.....he said the computer said i have 2..do i? and where is it/them? [/B]

yes, and down below, on the pipes down from the exhaust. look for wires leading to the exhaust pipe.

Did I also mention MT/R's rule?

wow tom nice pics. you have better action pics of me than i do.....cool

Hey Tom, you forgot one thing.:rolleyes: HOW GREAT

ARE THE NEW MT/R's!!!!!! :p

paul, SSHHHHH!!!!!! i heard that all weekend. quit reminding him!!!!!!!!

That was a fun trip. It was nice seeing Tom and Bill again and meeting Jim Ken and Andrew. To bad it was a little chilly. I had a blast. I will have my pictures up sometime next week. Did I read some where that Tom likes his MTR's. Also Ihave decided that the procomp muds are no good and should have gotten something different. Now if I could just get over that log that was in the road.

Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey matt, how is the parents house? i thought you liked the pro comps? i had a lot of fun.....dead battery? no, reverse....hehehe:) i will remember that one for awhile....i looked at my rockers, i did a lot more damage than i thought. i have no pinch weld on the left side.....but i had fun so everything is good.

Back