• Register Today It's free!

Loss of power after recall?

FruztalProjects

Reaction score
City, State
Washington, US
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
I noticed after I took my car to the dealer to get the PCM reprogrammed as part of a recall. I've noticed less power and more hesitation in my vehicle. I used to be able to get it to 7000 RPM flooring it at speed, but now I can get it to maybe 6000 RPM. I did notice that the shifting was a lot smoother when not flooring it. I didn't lose any police features like "pursuit mode" or anything. Has this happened to your vehicle? I also have noticed worse gas mileage 18 almost to 14 MPG combined.

I've heard of these kind of issues after dealership reflashes. Corporate pushes out the changes to fix one issue, and cause another. Proving they caused harm can't be easy. I would report the issue to your service advisor and hope it will be fixed in a future update.

I've heard of these kind of issues after dealership reflashes. Corporate pushes out the changes to fix one issue, and cause another. Proving they caused harm can't be easy. I would report the issue to your service advisor and hope it will be fixed in a future update.
Yeah I've heard issues like this happening and I was afraid of it happening as well. The cars power isn't significantly reduced but it's enough to where I notice it. The shifting is a lot smoother. I'll have to call back Monday and say something about it.

I feel they flashed the regular Explorer PCM stuff. I didn't lose "pursuit" mode.

Back