Lost Throttle pedal after PCM reset | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lost Throttle pedal after PCM reset

Reacher70

Reaction score
City, State
Klamath Falls, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT
OK guys so I have a new issue, I posted about the troubles I was having with this car in an earlier thread, that can be found here: 2007 P0061B Code is driving me insane

I finally kind of fixed that issue, by replacing the front two 02 sensors the original code never came back but, after a week or two of driving it goes to running rough, and the throttle pedal just goes away. So I reset the PCM and it is fine for another week or two. I know it isn't a fix but it keeps the vehicle on the road.

This last time, however, when I set the PCM it got it's idle curve back but I cannot recover the throttle pedal. I've checked the sensor at the pedal, it works, in fact, when I log into PCM with my software and I select the PID values I can watch the values change from 22% to 84% on throttle position when I press the throttle pedal. It does move the Throttle body plate, it's just when you start it doesn't work and it shows the wrench.

I've tried a couple of different methods for resetting the throttle pedal, nothing so far has worked.

I've tried the key in the ignition, press pedal release, turn the key to run position, press pedal release turn key off, remove key and then restart, did nothing

I've tried turn to run wait for the check engine light blink press pedal down slowly, release slowly turn key off repeat 2x times. That didn't work.

I tried resetting the security by turning the key on and off 8 times real fast when the door locks pressing the buttons on my fob and then turning the key off. It resets the fob but doesn't do anything for the loss of pedal.

I'm out of ideas, I have reset the PCM about 9 times in the past 2 days trying to get the pedal to come back and nothing.

Any ideas.

Back