Need help with decision! and advice | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need help with decision! and advice

92eddie4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Kirkland, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT, '03 Mounty,
Ok, I have a 1992 Ex 4x4 eddie, I am wanting to lower it, but I know that a 4x4 can only be lowered about 2" that is fine with me. My question is, if I put 3" lowering blocks on the back and 2" lowering springs on the front, will the car be even, or should I use 2" lowering blocks on the back?? Thanks for replies, peace!:redexp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, is your truck even from front to back now? Or does the rear sit a little higher?

well that is basically my question, do you know if the back rides higher than the front on first gen EX?

You should be able to tell this just by looking at your X. Park it on a level surface and take a few steps back. You should be able to tell if your X sits level or not.

Or measure from the ground to the top of the wheelwell arch. That should give you a good idea on what you need.

you can also heat up your spings and let it drop a little more.....if you really wanna go lower.

Ryan

Back