• Register Today It's free!

Lumbar support problem

Zippy5150

Reaction score
City, State
Woodstock, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
04' Explorer ST XLT
I have an 04 ST. The lumbar support pump will run if I push the switch, but the bladder isn't filling up. What is the most likely cause and where should I look first? Do I need to remove the seat?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same issue, though since I never use lumbar adjuster I had actually forgotten about it until I read this post. Now that the weather here in Minnesota is becoming a bit more hospitable, I may have to go out and investigate the problem if I ever get a chance. Sorry I don't have anything else to add that might help Zippy.

Tom

There's a little hose that goes from the lumbar compressor, probably mounted on the seat frame under the seat bottom, to the lumbar bags. Either it has become disconnected at the pump or bags OR the bag/bags have a leak.

Lumbarsupportcompressor.jpg

1 Power lumbar motor electrical connector.
2 Power lumbar bladder hose.
3 Power lumbar motor.

Well I pulled the seat out and checked the air hose. It looked good, so I guess the problem is with the bladder. Oh well no Lumbar support.

You could try one of those bycicle repair kits, maybe it will seal the leak? It's already messed up, I don't think it'll matter if it doesn't work :p:

You could try one of those bycicle repair kits, maybe it will seal the leak? It's already messed up, I don't think it'll matter if it doesn't work :p:

I would like to try the patch on mine, but am not really sure how to access the bladder...does anyone have any tips or advice?
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Back