Lurker hoping to become regular contributor..... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lurker hoping to become regular contributor.....

J.Rovirosa

Reaction score
City, State
Socal
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 & 2003 Limiteds
Felt I should introduce myself, since I've had this forum bookmarked for a while now and just recently started posting :D

Found the forum while looking for a solution as to why the right headlight and rear brake lights on my '95 Limited refused to work (lamp out module) and this became the first place I look when something unexplainable happens to the old girl. My parents bought her with 50K miles a little over ten years ago and handed her to me when they got their '03 Limited. I drive around 60 miles a day and was working as a production assistant for a while out of college, so the miles, and Thai food stains in the cargo area, racked up really quickly. But she served me well; I only remember being stranded once (battery).

Parts tally to date is: fuel pump (1), head gaskets (once), ignition switch (1), blower motor (1), blower control module (1), lower balljoints (once), outer rod ends (once), shocks (1), alternator (1), water pump (1), outer seat trim (both sides), windshields (3), dash bulbs (once). Other than normal maintenance, and 2(!) transmissions, haven't replaced anything else. Getting ready to replace the diff clutch packs, bearings, and u-joints out back, update the trans. with some new parts, replace a few of the HVAC and cruise control bulbs, and fix a coolant and oil leak. I've already started making plans for a new longblock at some point (even now, burns no oil and still knocks down 19mpg on average) and will drive her 'til she's either wrecked or stolen ;)

As my sig shows I've also got a few other projects going, with the Lightning originally intended as the replacement for the Ex as my daily driver. But I doubt anything else I own will be as trouble free and cheap to own as my Ex.

-Jose

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back