• Register Today It's free!

MAC exhaust -- any good?

TheJMan

Reaction score
City, State
Scottsdale, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Mazda 3 Hatchback
I know the 5.0L exhaust discussion has probably been driven into the ground, but I am tired of my Flowmaster exhaust. The fitment is not very good, as the pipe hits the leaf spring every time I go over a bump. The sound is almost too quiet for me, I want a more aggressive, loud tone. The MAC kit I found exits out the rear, which will work much better than my current Flowmaster, which exits behind the rear tire. Has anyone been able to buy a MAC exhaust? A year ago I ordered the MAC, but it was put on backorder, so I ordered the Flowmaster instead, and now I'm regretting it.

TheJMan said:
I know the 5.0L exhaust discussion has probably been driven into the ground, but I am tired of my Flowmaster exhaust. The fitment is not very good, as the pipe hits the leaf spring every time I go over a bump. The sound is almost too quiet for me, I want a more aggressive, loud tone. The MAC kit I found exits out the rear, which will work much better than my current Flowmaster, which exits behind the rear tire. Has anyone been able to buy a MAC exhaust? A year ago I ordered the MAC, but it was put on backorder, so I ordered the Flowmaster instead, and now I'm regretting it.

I remember doing a ton of research on this site on MAC exhaust a while back and found a lot of negativity surrounding their stuff. Put the search button to work and you should find the same.

I had the MAC for my 4.0 SOHC. It was great at idle, but when at cruising speed, it was WAY TO LOUD in the cab. So I went back to the stock.. just till I get back to the USA.

Back