• Register Today It's free!

MAC Exhaust Kit for 5.0

fhsredcats06

Reaction score
City, State
Fresno, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Has anybody installed the MAC Performance bolt-on cat back exhaust kit they have available on their site? What are your thoughts on it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what site are you talking about? I installed a MAC cat back on my 1996 last Oct or Nov. Purchased from Explorer Express.

As I later found out from this website is that James from www.HensonPerformance.com is great vendor to deal with and he sells that product.

As for the product itself, I found it to be a quality product and would not hesitate to buy it again.

33799110015_medium.jpg

click here to see video clip of my MAC exhaust

Good stuff Brad. I was going to advise the OP to contact you about your thoughts on the setup. Too bad that cop chases us "young punks" away that day we did the coilpack swap or I could have heard it in person. :D

Good stuff Brad. I was going to advise the OP to contact you about your thoughts on the setup. Too bad that cop chases us "young punks" away that day we did the coilpack swap or I could have heard it in person. :D

Ya man we will have to do it again. Give me a few months. Got this motor thing and another baby due next month. So life seems busy for me right now.

Sounds good, is there any drone on the inside of the cabin? I am tossing around between that one and the Gibson.

Yea, I had the 40 series flowmaster and that was just awful! So I may try out that then. As long as it is nothing like the flowmaster then all is good. Thanks much.

I think its a great catback. There is a little drone at abot 60mph but it goes away when you get up to 65-70. I think the sound is great. Definatley not obnoxiously loud.

Is this exhuast bolt on? if not what will I need to install in my 97 limited 5.?
thanks in advance. I plan to order this as soon as I get off work.

I have it on my 01 I had a terrible drown at 2000-2300. That went away after I "cleaned" out the two rear cats. All you need are basic hand tools

Back