Main blowers non active 08 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Main blowers non active 08 Explorer

Simon Allnutt

Reaction score
City, State
UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Explorer XLT AWD
Good evening

After researching why my Explorer blowers were not sending any air through them (Hot or Cold), I had heard that it was likely to be a faulty blend door actuator. So, having purchased a new actuator and installed it just today, there is no improvement. I even opened up the old actuator to check it and there was nothing wrong with it. Anyways, I replaced it just with the new one incase.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what’s next please? Desperate to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance

Simon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To make sure i understand your problem right you are getting no airflow through any of the vents on any position of the vent selector?
manual or digital fan speed control?
Can you hear the fan running on any of the fan speeds?

To make sure i understand your problem right you are getting no airflow through any of the vents on any position of the vent selector?
manual or digital fan speed control?
Can you hear the fan running on any of the fan speeds?
air flow only through the top right and windscreen. No air in the footwell or the main Center blowers as well as the left and right blowers. It’s manual speed control.can hear the fan. Forgot to mention, when I take the centre console away revealing the blower doors, as soon as I open them, the air flows as normal. I propped it open until yesterday when I fitted the new actuator. So, I can get air if I prop the doors open. (Hope that makes sense)

Hi there
thank you once again.
So, this part I checked before I moved onto the actuator. I just checked it again and found that it is still all good. I pushed this part and heard it opening the doors that allow the air into the car.

Please tell me that there’s something else that I’ve missed?

kind regards

If you are propping open the door between the two center vents then it is not opening on it's own. With the center piece on you can just stick a long screwdriver or similar through one of the vents with it on the vent setting - if you can push the door open and it works, then you either have the problem I mentioned or a bad vacuum line. Perhaps a bad switch. Did you remove the glove box and observed the linkage directly?

So - hows it going - any closer to the diagnosis?

So - hows it going - any closer to the diagnosis?
Okay, it might be midnight but it didn’t prevent from taking a look. I pushed open the blower doors and could see the contraption underneath (after releasing the glove box) and it’s moving backwards and forwards, so that doesn’t appear to be the issue. So it’s as you mentioned, a bad vacuum connection or bad switch?
Now to figure that issue out, which vacuum hose or which switch!

Anyway, many thanks once again, would love it to be something simple!

That really doesn't make any sense. If the arm is moving back and forth then it is working. You need to make sure that the arm is still connected to the door. If you were able to push the blend door open then I don't believe it is connected to the actuator. Pull the glove box again and watch the end of the actuator arm and make sure that it's actually connected to the door.

That really doesn't make any sense. If the arm is moving back and forth then it is working. You need to make sure that the arm is still connected to the door. If you were able to push the blend door open then I don't believe it is connected to the actuator. Pull the glove box again and watch the end of the actuator arm and make sure that it's actually connected to the door.
Okay, the arm to the doors is working fine. I pushed them open from the outside and looking inside from the glove box I could see the arm moving. Obviously it‘s not working when the blower is activated.

Back