2007 Explorer Rear Blend Door actuator | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 Explorer Rear Blend Door actuator

TXFergie

Reaction score
City, State
Hutto, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Limited, 2007 EddieB
Good day! I just joined the forum (haven't posted an official intro yet) but I have used the forum before for some fixes on my 2007 Explorer. My latest venture is a Rear Blend Door actuator for my heat/AC. It is now stuck on heat and I can't leave it like that going into the Texas summer. It's got the infamous clicking noise that changes when you move from heat cold to hot. I have seen several posts and videos on replacing the FRONT actuator but not the back one. I know that there should be two actuators as well - one for heat/cool, and one for floor vent/overhead vent.

Could someone guide me in the direction of a good procedure, video, or thread on accessing the rear blend door actuator? I'm not sure of how bad it is to get the rear panels off, and I don't have enough room to get to them through the cupholder and storage tray openings.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

Thanks for the info! I didn't see a blown-up view of the panels being removed but I figure if I take my time I should be ok.

I've seen several posts and there are recommendations for the Dorman assembly and the TechSmart actuator. Is one better than the other? Our small town only has an AutoZone and our dealership has higher prices.

Back