Possible Multiple HVAC Failures | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

hmclaughlin67

Reaction score
City, State
White Haven, Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Mercury Base
My girlfriend has a 2008 Mercury Mountaineer. Manual climate controls with one zone up front and also manual rear controls. About a year ago, her car randomly was only able to run A/C, motor speed was adjustable, and front vents only. Her stepfather went in to try to figure it out, found out nothing, and then closed everything up. After that, her car would only push air out of the defroster now, as well as only heat at full blast only. The temperature is no longer adjustable and the blower motor speed is also non-adjustable. Only defrosters on full heat no matter what time of year. Also, the rear heat and A/C stopped working altogether a few months later, most likely unrelated but worth noting. This sounds to me like the blower motor is bad, blend door actuator, as well as the temperature actuator but I find it unlikely they all could occur at the same time. I won’t be going in for another month or so until we both have more time on our hands, but any ideas at all? Thank you

My girlfriend has a 2008 Mercury Mountaineer. Manual climate controls with one zone up front and also manual rear controls. About a year ago, her car randomly was only able to run A/C, motor speed was adjustable, and front vents only. Her stepfather went in to try to figure it out, found out nothing, and then closed everything up. After that, her car would only push air out of the defroster now, as well as only heat at full blast only. The temperature is no longer adjustable and the blower motor speed is also non-adjustable. Only defrosters on full heat no matter what time of year. Also, the rear heat and A/C stopped working altogether a few months later, most likely unrelated but worth noting. This sounds to me like the blower motor is bad, blend door actuator, as well as the temperature actuator but I find it unlikely they all could occur at the same time. I won’t be going in for another month or so until we both have more time on our hands, but any ideas at all? Thank you
I didn't realize the 2008 Mercury Mountaineer had manual climate controls.

Back