me too bog and sput under load no passing accelleration | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

me too bog and sput under load no passing accelleration

smegun

Reaction score
City, State
florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 ford explorer xlt
yep good idle when in neutral motor revs good all cylinders but when under load or in gear I get bog passing or sputter bad vine climb

occasional small stream of light exaust from rear cylinder or near pipe joint mostly at first runs of day or cold start

so is it the cats or ?

ive changed to new fuel pump and filter via backseat fuel pump door mod no fuel leaks did the maf clean with contact spray and swabs , ran some berrymans b-12 intitially and cleaned the throttlebody with carbcleaner new gasket cleaned the air box made sure no blocks put in new double plat plugs .......

original autolite guys seasoned well but turning tan originally gaped new plugs to ford spec 54 but didn't like the performance so I moved back down to 45 plugs looked ok when out no fowl balls since having more trouble than autolite guys I started with EGR

tested tube the baffles in the stems to the egr sensor seem
to be working as they pass and the egr holds vacume even though ancient
looking

havnts tested yet

cats? fuel pressure regulator ? ?? lagging thermostat?
or worse auto logic is somewhere in limbo giving me an improper burn? 111 but screwed up run test

give it gas and slow to pass

egr sludge down near y pipe? that is burning ?I mean I ran enough aftermarket stuff to be possible small labrea although the passages on the intake manifold seem clear and the stems on the egr pipe are passing exhaust that looks clear

should I remove the egr pipe down by the exhaust y pipe and or does anything collect there ? some vehicles get backed up with egr sludge but the EXP hasn't shown me anything yet to worry about considering the egr connection to the intake manifold

almost 195k more detail is always better a new mechanic friend says it might be the transmission loading up causing the event or a doughnut

what are the prone problems for the 1994

truck is pretty clean underneath rusty back bumper factory tow hitch leaves no weeping
one shakle ready to break through to the other side of rusty metal also is prone

Back