• Register Today It's free!

Mercury Mountaineer Dash Question

5rocks

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Mountaineer V8 Prem
Hello. I have a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer. On the right side of my stereo there is a spot for 3 buttons. Can anyone tell me what optional equipment is controlled from these buttons? They mirror the trip computer info, reset, etc.. buttons on the left.

Thanks,
Pat:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site:chug:

I moved this to the 2002-2005 Stock Explorer Forum so it will get more views.

Is your's 2 wheel drive? Probably 4X4 control buttons would be there, 4Auto, 4High, and 4Low.

It sounds like your talking about the transfer case (4x4) buttons.Do you have a 2 wheel drive with a 4x4 dash maybe?

2002ebdash.jpg

lol! I stepped into the other room before I answered,and I see rrgone beat me to the punch.
I've never been in a 2 wheel drive Explorer or Mounty so I don't know if they use the same dash or not.

Being yours is a Moutaineer is AWD or possibly 2wd. Either way you will not have buttons on the right side.

I have a 2004 mountaineer also. I do not have the buttons but i do still have the plug behind the button delete plate! Can they be used. My truck is a
AWD?

i have an awd mounty and the left side i have the info, setup, and reset buttons, and the right side is empty buttons, but if there were buttons, its suppose to be for 4x4 auto, 4x4 hi, and 4x4 low

I have a 2004 mountaineer also. I do not have the buttons but i do still have the plug behind the button delete plate! Can they be used. My truck is a
AWD?

no. your AWD case is permanent 4wd.

Back