MFT Screen Blurry

wcharon

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Limited 2011
Hi to all the Community...

My MFT Screen is getting very blurry. have someone already passed thru this before i take out the bezels to be sure it is the screen or the plastic cover?

I also am seeing pixels damage on the right side of the dash screen but not in the left side. Did a reset to the MFT but didn't fix. Attached are pics for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dash Left  Screen (Good).jpg

Dash Right Screen Pixels.jpg

Dash Right Screen Pixels2.jpg

MFT Screen.jpg

MFT Screen2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It looks like you may have to replace the MFT screen. I don't think a bad APIM would cause that. I don't know if the screen is part of the entire Dash Control Unit or is a separate part. The Dash Control Unit is Discontinued.

Peter

It looks like you may have to replace the MFT screen. I don't think a bad APIM would cause that. I don't know if the screen is part of the entire Dash Control Unit or is a separate part. The Dash Control Unit is Discontinued.

Peter
Thanks. I didn't want to hear that. Jajajajajja

What is weird is that the other Cluster is losing pixels. Did you see it?

Thanks. I didn't want to hear that. Jajajajajja

What is weird is that the other Cluster is losing pixels. Did you see it?
I could not see where that was.

Good Morning...

Has anybody changed Sync 2 to Sync 3 and how has it performed and quality?

Looking around i see specially from Infotainment and others that they carry a direct OEM replacement Plug &Play. We loose the RCA inputs with that option which i don't use but comes with 2 USB Inputs. The cost is high and i don't like the low warranty timeframe but will like comments before i pull the trigger.

Also found that i can get a Sync 2 replacement screen for $400.00 but i have my thoughts on that.

Appreciate any insights from personal use or experience.

Good Morning...

Has anybody changed Sync 2 to Sync 3 and how has it performed and quality?

There are a few threads on the upgrade you can find using the 'Search feature. Here is one of them.

Peter

Can you please tell me the name of the group? The link says that it is a private group.

permissions_gray_wash.svg

This content isn't available right now
When this happens, it's usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or it's been deleted.
Sorry, here is his webpage:

He has a very good reputation over several years of making the kits.

Back