MTF screen frozen on 2013

spar

Reaction score
City, State
Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'13 Limited
Hello,

On my way home from work the MFT screen just froze when I was changing radio stations. I have a 2013 explorer limited.

I've seen people talking about reseting it but I'm not able to figure out how to reset it. When I start the car it just pops up with the frozen screen. It doesn't look like it's even booting up.

any help or suggestions on how to reset the MFT system?

I reported the dealer but I can't get over there until tuesday which I already had some services scheduled for. He said they would have to look at it there and couldn't provide anything else over the phone.

thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Left front kick panel is a fusebox sitting above. Pull fuse 29 and reinsert. It will reset it for you.

I found a youtube video of a guy showing to just pull the power cable from the fuse box instead. It looked a lot simpler to get to and you don't have to worry about dropping/losing the fuse.

I haven't tried either yet but I will try to remember to report back afterwords.

The fuse pull is the right move but I found getting to the fuse box was a difficult process unless your made of rubber.

I just popped the hood and took off the negative battery lead.

Be aware when you pull the battery it dumps your MFT settings, your transmission shift settings, and throws a DTC message.

I have a 2013 thats a week old and I have done it 3X now.

I just pulled the battery cable the other night. I'm tired of contorting myself in the driver's footwell to get to the fuse.

There were no bad effects on any of the rest of the vehicle electronics. I think every now and then it's good to clear the history and let the systems relearn, but that's me.

lol battery probably way to go. My wife went into labor few days ago and had twins so i haven't had time to do it yet :p. I did try getting to the fuse box but couldn't get the cover off. there was one of the plastic plugs i was afraid to break.

thanks for the feed back, hope to get it fixed soon. I have to take it to the dealers soon for something else this week. so maybe i'll just have them do it. but so far everytime they've done something they've broken or messed up something else. so it might be best for me....

Hello,

On my way home from work the MFT screen just froze when I was changing radio stations. I have a 2013 explorer limited.

I've seen people talking about reseting it but I'm not able to figure out how to reset it. When I start the car it just pops up with the frozen screen. It doesn't look like it's even booting up.

any help or suggestions on how to reset the MFT system?

I reported the dealer but I can't get over there until tuesday which I already had some services scheduled for. He said they would have to look at it there and couldn't provide anything else over the phone.

thanks!

Hi, spar!

Congrats on your two new additions!! :)

I suggest waiting until you get to the dealership. If your screen is still frozen, they should be able to pull the error codes from your system, and fix it accordingly.

Rebecca

lol battery probably way to go. My wife went into labor few days ago and had twins so i haven't had time to do it yet :p. I did try getting to the fuse box but couldn't get the cover off. there was one of the plastic plugs i was afraid to break.

thanks for the feed back, hope to get it fixed soon. I have to take it to the dealers soon for something else this week. so maybe i'll just have them do it. but so far everytime they've done something they've broken or messed up something else. so it might be best for me....

Congrats........Start saving now for the headrest DVD system you're going to need two before the fights start over movie selection......LOL!

Back