V2.8 MFT Issue with Call Phone

wcharon

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Limited 2011
Hi...

I have paired my Samsung G II sucesfully and have tested MFT with messaging and dialing contacts thru the voice commands but when i want to call a contact by his name, MFT doesn't go thru after saying phone, call, name. It doesn't recognize any name in the contacts list and the system just goes to the main screen again...

Somebody had this same experience with 2.8 or should i update to 2.11????

Thanks in advance...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi...

I have paired my Samsung G II sucesfully and have tested MFT with messaging and dialing contacts thru the voice commands but when i want to call a contact by his name, MFT doesn't go thru after saying phone, call, name. It doesn't recognize any name in the contacts list and the system just goes to the main screen again...

Somebody had this same experience with 2.8 or should i update to 2.11????

Thanks in advance...

Try pulling fuse 29 and reseating it. It reboots MFT. The fuse box is located above the parking brake and to the left.

Have you successfully downloaded your address book? Check your MFT to be sure the information is there.

There is a selection off the phone menus that will allow you to manually download the book. If the auto download is shut off. I keep mine shut off as it improves the system performance, so every now and then I just manually download an update.

Thanks JRMExplorer / DCO43054...

Took of the fuse and same issue. Also validated that my contacts where in MFT and they was. Think i will have to give a try to 2.11 which i don't want to do yet because i was going to wait for the new release...

Well, if that didn't work, I'd do system reset, re-pair the phone, and download the address book again.

It should keep your radio presets, but you will have to re-pair the phone.

The reset is off the system menu. I don't remember the exact sequence, but it's not hard to find.

Thanks for all the insights....

Issue resolved... Upgraded to 2.11 and it is working fine and is also more responsive...

Now i am reading to see if the MFT can be changed so i can use spanish voice commands...

Back