MFT Screen Unresponsive

L Lou Ford

Jaesie
Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explore Limited
I have a 2015 my Ford touch and the screen stopped responding. Everything works but I can’t control all the features because there is no response. My ex warranty ran out right before and I just went to touch to change stations and it was dead. I can’t find any answers and have been searching for a while now. Ty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the steering wheel control work to change the station atleast?

I have a 2015 my Ford touch and the screen stopped responding. Everything works but I can’t control all the features because there is no response. My ex warranty ran out right before and I just went to touch to change stations and it was dead. I can’t find any answers and have been searching for a while now. Ty
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was moved here. There are a few more on this topic as well.
It would seem that the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) has died. It is the 'brains' of MyFord Touch (MFT). If that is the case, it will have to be replaced.

Peter

It would seem that the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) has died. It is the 'brains' of MyFord Touch (MFT). If that is the case, it will have to be replaced.

Peter
Thanks for the welcome
Everything else I found was about a black screen but on mine, everything works with voice and steering controls and I can see everything on the display, but a touch of the screen doesn’t get a response. It seems like a simple fix but I guess not. Thanks.

Okay, I understand now. I don't recall that being posted about before. In that case, you can try what 1991 sploder suggested. Disconnect the negative battery cable for a few minutes and then reconnect and see if that makes a difference. Doing it this way will likely result in some saved memory settings being lost. Unfortunately with the screen not responding, you won't be able to use it to do a Master Reset. Other members may also have some ideas.

Peter

Peter
Does the steering wheel control work to change the station atleast?
Oh, sorry I didn’t see this earlier. Yes the steering wheel controls work. I’ll try disconnecting the battery like you suggested. Crossing my fingers because I tend to weave a bit when adjusting the climate that way.

Oh, sorry I didn’t see this earlier. Yes the steering wheel controls work. I’ll try disconnecting the battery like you suggested. Crossing my fingers because I tend to weave a bit when adjusting the climate that way.
I always use voice commands to adjust climate temp.

I always use voice commands to adjust climate temp.
Yeah, I tried the voice command but it goes all over the place. I’m on bad terms with Siri also so it’s probably me or my kids shouting as soon as I try to talk.
anyway, the battery reset thing didn’t work.

Im in austin also..i have a complete sync2 in my garage. Be more than happy to swap screens to see if thats the problem. I live southwest... Brodie lane and slaughter area. Pm me if interested

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have a 2013 Explorer and all of a sudden the screen is not responding to touch. Everything else works perfectly fine. Can't really afford an APIM fix right now. So I'm hoping it's another issue. At most being a replacement screen.

I am in South Austin and think i still have a sync2 apim and screen, i took off 2015 xlt, that i updated to sync3. I will check when i get home and pm you

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have a 2013 Explorer and all of a sudden the screen is not responding to touch. Everything else works perfectly fine. Can't really afford an APIM fix right now. So I'm hoping it's another issue. At most being a replacement screen.
Given the year of your Explorer, it's a good bet that the APIM is unfortunately the issue.

Peter

Back