Unresponsive screen | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unresponsive screen

tempestxii

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
I have been having some really strange issues with my screen. Sometimes it is just fine. Sometimes it just does not respond at all. Sometimes it will beep and give an animation but not actually change anything. Sometimes it will be off axis where what ever is an inch below where I have touched is what actually gets conected. I can usuall work around it by using the steering whell controls and the small dash screen.
Is this a MFT issue that might be corrected by the pending upgade?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been having some really strange issues with my screen. Sometimes it is just fine. Sometimes it just does not respond at all. Sometimes it will beep and give an animation but not actually change anything. Sometimes it will be off axis where what ever is an inch below where I have touched is what actually gets conected. I can usuall work around it by using the steering whell controls and the small dash screen.
Is this a MFT issue that might be corrected by the pending upgade?

Have you tried pulling and then reseating fuse 29? It reboots the computer. Try that and then report back. If that doesn't work, I have a few other things you might try.

Have you tried pulling and then reseating fuse 29? It reboots the computer. Try that and then report back. If that doesn't work, I have a few other things you might try.

Is this different then the reboot after the black screen of death, cause I been through that plenty of times already! Not by choice that is-;)

Is this different then the reboot after the black screen of death, cause I been through that plenty of times already! Not by choice that is-;)

The result is similar (performing scheduled maintenance), but sometimes pulling the fuse causes a cleaner reboot.

You can also try the Ford IVT team's favorite suggestion which is to go into your settings (while parked of course) and reset everything to factory defaults. I don't prefer that method as it wipes all your settings.

BTW - what are you connecting to MFT (phone, music sources, etc...)? I would try fuse 29 and if that doesn't work, then I would do the factory default reset followed by another fuse 29 pull. Then, when everything is back up, only add one device (e.g., phone, media player, etc...) at a time and see if its an interaction problem between MFT and your devices.

If that still doesn't work, your screen may need calibration. There's a diagnostics mode you can go into, but I'm not sure you can calibrate it yourself (I think you need a stylus or something).

The result is similar (performing scheduled maintenance), but sometimes pulling the fuse causes a cleaner reboot.

You can also try the Ford IVT team's favorite suggestion which is to go into your settings (while parked of course) and reset everything to factory defaults. I don't prefer that method as it wipes all your settings.

BTW - what are you connecting to MFT (phone, music sources, etc...)? I would try fuse 29 and if that doesn't work, then I would do the factory default reset followed by another fuse 29 pull. Then, when everything is back up, only add one device (e.g., phone, media player, etc...) at a time and see if its an interaction problem between MFT and your devices.

If that still doesn't work, your screen may need calibration. There's a diagnostics mode you can go into, but I'm not sure you can calibrate it yourself (I think you need a stylus or something).

Alright cool I will try the fuse trick and see how that does. Yes I am BT to my ios and the phone works very well. BT streaming works well but I have a lot of trouble getting out of it. I also have an ipod on th usb but it is so slow to navigate I hardly use it!

Back