MFT V2.11 Sirius Travel Link Not Working | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT V2.11 Sirius Travel Link Not Working

V2.11: Took advise and pulled fuse 29. What a bear getting to the fuse block, not very user friendly.

Weather and Fuel prices started updating by showing the hour glass first and when it went off fuel prices and weather info appeared.

QUESTION: What is causing all the freeze up with Sirius data downloads to our vehicles???? Is version 2.12 the answer, correct Sirius downloads, add memory to our Sync system, etc.

Thanks for the assist.
I pulled the fuse 29 on Saturday. All worked until today. Last update stuck on 7:35 am, and no weather data on the map.

I did not bother to put the fuse cover back on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Holligl; V2.11 My Travel Link has been operational for the past two days. Today I had several stops in doing my rounds and the Map data had been updated when I look at the last Receive time. Interesting my receive time is EST and I am in the CST zone.

Want to note that I have not connected my phone to the system. Not sure if it is the cause yet. Will connect my phone tomorrow to see if it has any effect. No other devices are connected to the system.

Of course we don't know what Sirius may be trying to download other then Travel link data.

Holligl; V2.11 My Travel Link has been operational for the past two days. Today I had several stops in doing my rounds and the Map data had been updated when I look at the last Receive time. Interesting my receive time is EST and I am in the CST zone.

Want to note that I have not connected my phone to the system. Not sure if it is the cause yet. Will connect my phone tomorrow to see if it has any effect. No other devices are connected to the system.

Of course we don't know what Sirius may be trying to download other then Travel link data.

I've noticed that my weather map has been more consistent in appearing the last couple of days as well. My guess is that Sirius was having service issues and rather than actually communicate that with customers, they would rather have you believe that it was the device that is the problem.

I pulled the fuse 29 on Saturday. All worked until today. Last update stuck on 7:35 am, and no weather data on the map.

I did not bother to put the fuse cover back on.

I checked the update status:
Radar 8/29 7:30pm
Storm Attributes 8/30 7:35 am
Weather Chart 8/29

It looks like a progressive failure to update. Pulled Fuse 29 again. Weather map started to update (Storm Attributes were showing). Checked 15 minutes later it was blank again. Will see how it feels tomorrow. Nothing from Sirius or Ford yet.

I checked the update status:
Radar 8/29 7:30pm
Storm Attributes 8/30 7:35 am
Weather Chart 8/29

It looks like a progressive failure to update. Pulled Fuse 29 again. Weather map started to update (Storm Attributes were showing). Checked 15 minutes later it was blank again. Will see how it feels tomorrow. Nothing from Sirius or Ford yet.

Worked today after the fuse 29 reset yesterday. I am betting 2 days before hanging again.

V2.11 Weather map data is still getting updates. Pulled my fuse on 8/29/11. Last update was 9/2/11 around 5:30 pm. Had NO cell phone connected and nothing hooked to the USB ports. Want to see how long it will get updates before connecting the cell phone.

Normally do short trips (less then 10 minutes) and don't think this is enough time to get a complete download. Would like to take a long trip to see how often the weather map data is updated.

Also thinking that when you loose the Sirius signal it appear that the X is buffering the data for a period. This is noticeable when listening to the Sirius radio and driving through a tunnel. Need to block Sirius signal to see how long it buffers the data. Perhaps Ford needs to make the Sirius buffer time longer.

Worked today after the fuse 29 reset yesterday. I am betting 2 days before hanging again.
Yep - Two days and the data stops. Actually yesterday, for a short time the Traffic feature was working, even though I am not subscribed. It turned off after about an hour. I am getting more adept at pulling the fuse.

Today I started out with no cell phone connection. After getting a couple of weather updates, I connected my Sony cell phone and noticed that I was still receiving updates while driving around west central Arkansas. Weather here has clear with a few clouds in the sky.

I did notice that I lost my Sirius radio signal for maybe a second or two and then came back on. Was in an area with no trees, bridges, tunnels, etc. to block the signal.

Still no lock ups. Knock on wood.

Holligl; Have you thought of modifying a fuse that goes into position 29 by hooking an external fuse holder with correct size fuse and a switch to open the circuit? That is going to be my next modification if my Weather data/fuel prices starts locking up again.

I do find it interesting that yours seems to be locking up more then mine. You may be driving yours more often then me. Was wondering what cell phone you have paired and are you using any USB devices?

Holligl; Have you thought of modifying a fuse that goes into position 29 by hooking an external fuse holder with correct size fuse and a switch to open the circuit? That is going to be my next modification if my Weather data/fuel prices starts locking up again.

I do find it interesting that yours seems to be locking up more then mine. You may be driving yours more often then me. Was wondering what cell phone you have paired and are you using any USB devices?

I am driving several times per day. I have thought about attaching the fuse puller to the fuse so I can reach up and in without having to see it. I carry a little flashlight in the car since it is hard to see. Yesterday, the first time I did it I must not have left it out long enough because it did not reset and I had to pull it again.

I have an LG Dare (Verizon). It connect easily. During calls with Sirius, they want the Bluetooth off, I turn it off and disable on the radio, and it will typically reconnect when the radio is turned back on. I do have an iPod connected too. I don't think it is either. I never had these problems before V2.11.

I am driving several times per day. I have thought about attaching the fuse puller to the fuse so I can reach up and in without having to see it. I carry a little flashlight in the car since it is hard to see. Yesterday, the first time I did it I must not have left it out long enough because it did not reset and I had to pull it again.

I have an LG Dare (Verizon). It connect easily. During calls with Sirius, they want the Bluetooth off, I turn it off and disable on the radio, and it will typically reconnect when the radio is turned back on. I do have an iPod connected too. I don't think it is either. I never had these problems before V2.11.

With my Sony cell phone, I do the normal dial/answer process no matter what audio device I am listening to. Audio is muted while talking on the phone. When the person on the other end hangs up and I get the disconnect the radio audio is un-muted.

I had an issue with V2.8 when I tried the hangup process from my end, so now I always let the person on the other end hangs up and let the MFT go through the disconnect process.

Since we have different cell phones might suggest doing a fresh reboot (remove fuse 29) and use your MFT without connecting any cell phones and see if it has any effect. I see that when you removed the fuse for a short period of time that it did not fix your problem. Sounds like they have some large capacitors in the system that did not bleed off the power enough to erase the information in the memory.

You may have already tried this?

Driving to church and then out to lunch, my MFT updated several times with the weather info with my cell phone connected.

My original problem was I had no time on the "receive" ICON. When hitting this icon I had N/A for the three titles. Nothing including Sirius remote method to jump start my system worked. Had to pull fuse 29. I have not tried to install any updates that has been suggested in some previous post.

Since we have different cell phones might suggest doing a fresh reboot (remove fuse 29) and use your MFT without connecting any cell phones and see if it has any effect. I see that when you removed the fuse for a short period of time that it did not fix your problem. Sounds like they have some large capacitors in the system that did not bleed off the power enough to erase the information in the memory.

My original problem was I had no time on the "receive" ICON. When hitting this icon I had N/A for the three titles. Nothing including Sirius remote method to jump start my system worked. Had to pull fuse 29. I have not tried to install any updates that has been suggested in some previous post.

I did a longer reset yesterday to see if something needed to be erased. (It was working at the time.)

I have been getting the traffic feature (unsubscribed) for the last 24 hours. I wonder if they turn it on for the holiday weekend to try to get people to resubscribe.

V2.11 My Weather data and Fuel prices are still working. My last update was this morning. Last fuse reset was on 8/29/11.

I did a longer reset yesterday to see if something needed to be erased. (It was working at the time.)

I have been getting the traffic feature (unsubscribed) for the last 24 hours. I wonder if they turn it on for the holiday weekend to try to get people to resubscribe.

Travel Link has been working for a full week since the longer fuse pull. The free Traffic feature stopped working today. A free trial was running through 9/12.

My weather and fuel prices are still working.

Had a problem with the Navigation system, GPS was doing some strange stuff as in would have GPS on the map and then loose it. When looking at the satellite diagnostic the HDOP number was jumping from the normal number to 1000. Looked at the sat's on my Garmin and it took a while to locate all of them. It was not responding as fast as it normally does. First thought was a GPS satellite glitch.

Turned the vehicle off for the night and when starting it the next day had a black screen and after a brief wait the system rebooted itself. Everything came back OK including the GPS.

Had been working since 9/6 but hung up today. Looks like some others had issues today. Pulled Fuse 29 and its working again.

Got the V2.11 upgrade and most things are quicker and more responsive. However, the Travel Link has now stopped working. I have called Sirius several times for resets, and have now escalated with their service support. The weather data and movie listings simply show an hour glass and indicate "Getting data". Gas Prices indicate they are working but appear do be out of date. Can anyone confirm their Travel Link works after 2.11? I have escalated with Sirius but have not called Ford. Sirius Radio is fine and Sirius says everything looks correct on their end.

Same exact problem. After the upgrade the Travel Link gave me the same hourglasses and the fuel prices are the exact prices that they were the day they did the upgrade. Now I am stuck in a viscous circle between Ford and Sirius with both of them pointing fingers. Sirius has done multiple resets and now they say they have escalated it to "back room support". They said they will call me but nothing yet. Ford has done absolutely nothing yet to resolve the issue. I sent a PM to support.

Same exact problem. After the upgrade the Travel Link gave me the same hourglasses and the fuel prices are the exact prices that they were the day they did the upgrade. Now I am stuck in a viscous circle between Ford and Sirius with both of them pointing fingers. Sirius has done multiple resets and now they say they have escalated it to "back room support". They said they will call me but nothing yet. Ford has done absolutely nothing yet to resolve the issue. I sent a PM to support.

Had same problem. Forum : 2011+ In Vehicle Technology (IVT) Sync, MFT. Sticky: How to Fix Sirius / My Ford Touch Voice Commands
See posts 22 and Becky's response post 23

I am getting quite adept at pulling fuse 29. The last rest only worked for about 3 days before hanging again. I logged it with the dealer during my fan replacement and will wait to see if the grand MFT performance upgrade is a permanent fix. If not, I will be requesting a new radio. You will get no where with Sirius and will waste an hour of your time every time even trying. Given the fact a fuse 29 reset will fix the problem temporarily, I'm convinced the problem is Ford's.

2013 Limited Sirius Travel Link

I am reviving this thread since my 1 week old Explorer is not loading Sirius weather radar, and only spotty performance on movie listings. The weather picture did work on the dealers lot of course...now it shows a map with a flashing white circle around my location on the map...no radar data. I did call Sirius and they supposedly did a reset...made no difference in about 15 mins of waiting. By the way...everything else seems to be working great on the vehicle. My wife loves it...I am perhaps OCDing a little but I hate it when stuff does not work. Of course there was a line of weather moving this way that I wanted to see...but no. All channels of Sirius radio play fine...they do quit immediately upon entering my garage tho. Ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am reviving this thread since my 1 week old Explorer is not loading Sirius weather radar, and only spotty performance on movie listings. The weather picture did work on the dealers lot of course...now it shows a map with a flashing white circle around my location on the map...no radar data. I did call Sirius and they supposedly did a reset...made no difference in about 15 mins of waiting. By the way...everything else seems to be working great on the vehicle. My wife loves it...I am perhaps OCDing a little but I hate it when stuff does not work. Of course there was a line of weather moving this way that I wanted to see...but no. All channels of Sirius radio play fine...they do quit immediately upon entering my garage tho. Ideas?

I'm having the same problem. I've had my 2013 Ford Explorer for several weeks now and the weather map has never worked. I just have the same thing as you with the flashing white circle around my location. I zoomed in on areas that had rain, but the map didn't show anything. Everything else like the movie listings and sports scores works fine. I guess I'll have to call Sirius to send a reset to my system to see if that works.

Back