MFT V2.11 Sirius Travel Link Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT V2.11 Sirius Travel Link Not Working

Holligl

Reaction score
City, State
Hoffman Estates, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited Platinum
Got the V2.11 upgrade and most things are quicker and more responsive. However, the Travel Link has now stopped working. I have called Sirius several times for resets, and have now escalated with their service support. The weather data and movie listings simply show an hour glass and indicate "Getting data". Gas Prices indicate they are working but appear do be out of date. Can anyone confirm their Travel Link works after 2.11? I have escalated with Sirius but have not called Ford. Sirius Radio is fine and Sirius says everything looks correct on their end.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This happen to me, but I think it was weather related....I didn't even notice when it came back on.

Even though I was in a pretty bad storm, it still worked a bit later. But I can't recall if that was on the 2.8 or 2.11, I been on several long trips now and I can't remember.

I finally received my ordered LTD on 21 April and been road tripping like a ****...I already racked up 7k miles. Have you recently been somewhere you typically don't travel too? Because thats when it happened to me and I was in different time zones, central as opposed to eastern. I'm not sure how much that would affect it. Hope that helps.

This happen to me, but I think it was weather related....I didn't even notice when it came back on.

Even though I was in a pretty bad storm, it still worked a bit later. But I can't recall if that was on the 2.8 or 2.11, I been on several long trips now and I can't remember.

I finally received my ordered LTD on 21 April and been road tripping like a ****...I already racked up 7k miles. Have you recently been somewhere you typically don't travel too? Because thats when it happened to me and I was in different time zones, central as opposed to eastern. I'm not sure how much that would affect it. Hope that helps.

I have had some issues in the past, but they could be cleared with a reset from Sirius, not so far with V2.11.

I have had some issues in the past, but they could be cleared with a reset from Sirius, not so far with V2.11.

Mine works. I used it a couple of times since 2.11

I noticed that for a couple of days earlier last week my weather map wasn't updating, but now it seems to work.

Mine works. I used it a couple of times since 2.11

I noticed that for a couple of days earlier last week my weather map wasn't updating, but now it seems to work.
Thanks, maybe I'll try a master reset. I'm still loading stuff back the way it was anyway.

Mine stopped working after 2.11 as well. Let me know if you get it resolved (or what you did to get it fixed).

thanks.

Problem occurred with my V2.8.

Problem appears to be Sirius and not software in your vehicle Look at this thread. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319602

If you read the above thread you will see that most of the problems occurred during a certain time frame and different software versions. Appears it is bad data downloads from Sirius.

This is what may fix your problem.

Option 1. Call Sirius and have them deactivate and reactivate your system. It may take up to 30 minutes to update your Travel Link tabs.

Option 2. Do a Master Reset of your system. Depending on Version of software you my have to re-pair your phones.

Hi everyone!

If you are getting hourglasses on your SIRIUS Travel Link, please private message me with your VIN, when it started, what selections have an hourglass, and if you have called SIRIUS about your concern.

Thank you in advance!

Rebecca

After one Master reset it worked fine all weekend. Monday morning all hour glasses. Monday night wasted 30 minutes on the phone with Sirius who did the signal refresh, canceled and restarted the service, then told me all looked good on their end, and to take the vehicle to a technician. About 30 minutes later, I did a master reset. The weather map was then available. Gas and Movies still had hourglasses but I did not wait to see if they completed updating. Will see this morning. I did PM Rebeca per her post.

Same exact situation as Holligl's post. I PM Rebecca as well.

After one Master reset it worked fine all weekend. Monday morning all hour glasses. Monday night wasted 30 minutes on the phone with Sirius who did the signal refresh, canceled and restarted the service, then told me all looked good on their end, and to take the vehicle to a technician. About 30 minutes later, I did a master reset. The weather map was then available. Gas and Movies still had hourglasses but I did not wait to see if they completed updating. Will see this morning. I did PM Rebeca per her post.

Other hour glasses cleared on Tuesday. Worked until Tuesday night. Now the weather map comes up but nothing on it. Last update indicates 7:25 and does not change. No hour glass on the menu. Rebeca indicates they are looking into it. Another Sirius signal refresh and Master Reset did not change anything.

Other hour glasses cleared on Tuesday. Worked until Tuesday night. Now the weather map comes up but nothing on it. Last update indicates 7:25 and does not change. No hour glass on the menu. Rebeca indicates they are looking into it. Another Sirius signal refresh and Master Reset did not change anything.

Holligl, I've noticed that the weather map is really bad lately as well. I'll get a map with nothing on it. In fact, I'd say the amount of times when there is weather on the map is much less then when I actually get a radar picture.

I've also noticed that the weather forecast is often incomplete as well, sometimes it has all three days, other times it has two days or one day and "NO DATA" for the rest.

Finally, movie times are pretty spotty as well. I get the list of theatres in the area, but times only show up for two of those theatres, and then, not all the movies in the theatres. I've even had it tell me it has movie times, but then it just shows the list of movies with no times.

Gas prices are fine though. Haven't tried sports scores or anything else.

I'm guessing its either a Sirius thing, or MFT is not properly checking for updates - remember they did put in a fix regarding Sirius downloads and USB music player skipping. Maybe they screwed something up.

Another Master reset and now all the hour glasses are all back, message indicates data is not available. Did not feel like wasting another hour on the phone with Sirius.

I am getting the blank map, same as the rest of you. Just had my software upgraded from V2.8 to 2.11 on 8/16/11 and this appears to be the beginning of my problems. Wish I had waited until all the BETA testing was done with V2.11. No hour Glass and no weather data or correct gas prices. At least with V2.8 I was getting the hour glass and Sirius fixed it by de-activating and reactivating my system.

Tried the "master reset", still no map info and gas prices are old.

Was on the phone to Sirius tonight and they suggested a lot, but no action yet. They tried several things with no luck.

Have a trip tomorrow and hope the weather map and gas prices are working. If not, it will mean another call and wasted time. Would be nice to be able to see where the hurricane is located

The person voice on the phone sounded like off shore support and what do they know. Sounds like they are reading from a script when they gave me a response to my question.

They did ask me something I never heard before. What "Sirius ID #" is displayed on channel "0". Does anybody have any # displayed on this Sirius channel? Not sure what # is supposed to be displayed, perhaps the ESN number.

I am getting the blank map, same as the rest of you. Just had my software upgraded from V2.8 to 2.11 on 8/16/11 and this appears to be the beginning of my problems. Wish I had waited until all the BETA testing was done with V2.11. No hour Glass and no weather data or correct gas prices. At least with V2.8 I was getting the hour glass and Sirius fixed it by de-activating and reactivating my system.

Tried the "master reset", still no map info and gas prices are old.

Was on the phone to Sirius tonight and they suggested a lot, but no action yet. They tried several things with no luck.

Have a trip tomorrow and hope the weather map and gas prices are working. If not, it will mean another call and wasted time. Would be nice to be able to see where the hurricane is located

The person voice on the phone sounded like off shore support and what do they know. Sounds like they are reading from a script when they gave me a response to my question.

They did ask me something I never heard before. What "Sirius ID #" is displayed on channel "0". Does anybody have any # displayed on this Sirius channel? Not sure what # is supposed to be displayed, perhaps the ESN number.

My weather map showed up today. Showed a cold front moving in. Weather forecast was there two!

Instead of the master reset, try pulling fuse 29.

I spent a good hour with Sirius on the phone tonight and have a case number assigned. They will be contacting Ford and will compensate me for the service unavailable. They did indicate it may take 7-10 days to resolve. Batman89 - The ESN is available under the subscription menu. I will PM Rebeca with the Sirius case number. It will be interesting whether I hear from Ford or Sirius first.

I spent a good hour with Sirius on the phone tonight and have a case number assigned. They will be contacting Ford and will compensate me for the service unavailable. They did indicate it may take 7-10 days to resolve. Batman89 - The ESN is available under the subscription menu. I will PM Rebeca with the Sirius case number. It will be interesting whether I hear from Ford or Sirius first.

Check channel ZERO on your Sirius radio and see what you have. Mine had the the words "Sirius ID" only. The tech support person was looking for something on this channel but not say what.

Holligl; the subscription menu is where I am getting the ESN number. Thought that maybe the ESN number would show up on channel zero. Or perhaps my account number?

Check channel ZERO on your Sirius radio and see what you have. Mine had the the words "Sirius ID" only. The tech support person was looking for something on this channel but not say what.

Mine had the same, no number.

Pulled fuse 29, twice, as once the screen turned non-responsive. At this point all has come around, and is working. I still believe there is something wrong between the Sirius feeds and the MFT software, causing the software to not download the data. Sometimes the Map is just blank, other times I just get hour glasses.
Interesting, the phone did not have to be resynchronized after pulling the fuse. It was interesting to see the Swirls from the hurricane. Has anyone determined all of the symbology?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My weather map showed up today. Showed a cold front moving in. Weather forecast was there two!

Instead of the master reset, try pulling fuse 29.

V2.11: Took advise and pulled fuse 29. What a bear getting to the fuse block, not very user friendly.

Weather and Fuel prices started updating by showing the hour glass first and when it went off fuel prices and weather info appeared.

QUESTION: What is causing all the freeze up with Sirius data downloads to our vehicles???? Is version 2.12 the answer, correct Sirius downloads, add memory to our Sync system, etc.

Thanks for the assist.

Back