MFT V2.11 Sirius Travel Link Not Working | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT V2.11 Sirius Travel Link Not Working

I pulled the fuse and combined that with a master reset this past Saturday. Everything was working great up until yesterday. On my lunch hour from work, when I got back into the Explorer, the system reset itself and weather maps and fuel prices haven't worked since. I called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle and they said there is nothing they can do. They told me I basically have to wait until there is a new update. I'm thinking about trying another dealership to see what they say. I love the new Explorer, but it's just so unfortunate it doesn't work like it should. I agree about Sirius. It's useless to call them from my experience as well.

Same here. Weather maps do not work properly on the new update. They work for about a week and a half and then they stop loading until I do a fuse pull (then they work for a week and a half again until they stop - rinse and repeat :) ) Everything else (gas prices, movie times) works fairly consistently - except - the weather map (even the forecast is usually there).

As someone else said - there are too many defects in this "great" update - Ford dropped the ball by not beta testing in actual - live - vehicles with live customers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since the update I have had one problem with travel link and none since a did a reboot. Which was right after the update got installed.

It's weird that it's fine for some and problematic for others. That's MFT!

I pulled the fuse and combined that with a master reset this past Saturday. Everything was working great up until yesterday. On my lunch hour from work, when I got back into the Explorer, the system reset itself and weather maps and fuel prices haven't worked since. I called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle and they said there is nothing they can do. They told me I basically have to wait until there is a new update. I'm thinking about trying another dealership to see what they say. I love the new Explorer, but it's just so unfortunate it doesn't work like it should. I agree about Sirius. It's useless to call them from my experience as well.
I would escalate it with Ford Customer Service and get a case assigned. V3.0 was the update, and it works on most vehicles. Sounds like a MFT Re-installation or radio replacement would be the next step. "Just Live with it" with out a new update on the horizon is not an appropriate answer, and based on my experience, it would not be the answer from Ford Customer Service. Too many of the service departments are pretty clueless with much of this technology. They need help from above. They won't ask for it, it has to be driven by the customer.

I would escalate it with Ford Customer Service and get a case assigned. V3.0 was the update, and it works on most vehicles. Sounds like a MFT Re-installation or radio replacement would be the next step. "Just Live with it" with out a new update on the horizon is not an appropriate answer, and based on my experience, it would not be the answer from Ford Customer Service. Too many of the service departments are pretty clueless with much of this technology. They need help from above. They won't ask for it, it has to be driven by the customer.

That's a good idea. I'm going to call Ford CS today and see if they can send me the V3.0 update or if I can pick it up from a dealership so I can reinstall it myself. My Explorer had all the updates when I bought it. The only thing the dealership gave me was the updated Navigation SD card. I had a strange thing happen to MFT yesterday. I was changing the wallpaper to another one. After I saved the new wallpaper, all the buttons turned red. I had to do a master reset and that fixed that issue. The person I spoke with at the dealership the other day didn't seem too knowledgeable about MFT so I didn't press the issue with the problems I'm having.

Getting a copy of the update won't help. MFT will just tell you already installed or something to that effect. You need to go to dealer if you want it reinstalled.

Started to go to the dealership...

This morning I started out to take it in for this issue and before I left the driveway I turned to the weather page and sure enough...it popped right up like it should have all along! Played with the zoom and left the page and back to it and still works...weird. Cancelled my appointment and washed it instead.

Back