MFT V2.11 Sirius Travel Link Not Working | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT V2.11 Sirius Travel Link Not Working

I am reviving this thread since my 1 week old Explorer is not loading Sirius weather radar, and only spotty performance on movie listings. The weather picture did work on the dealers lot of course...now it shows a map with a flashing white circle around my location on the map...no radar data. I did call Sirius and they supposedly did a reset...made no difference in about 15 mins of waiting. By the way...everything else seems to be working great on the vehicle. My wife loves it...I am perhaps OCDing a little but I hate it when stuff does not work. Of course there was a line of weather moving this way that I wanted to see...but no. All channels of Sirius radio play fine...they do quit immediately upon entering my garage tho. Ideas?

I called Sirius on my lunch break to send a refresh, but that didn't fix the weather radar. I ended up doing a master reboot and that fixed the weather radar, but only temporarily unfortunately. On my way home from work, the only thing working on the weather map was radar. Charts and windspeed weren't showing up. I did another master reboot when I arrived home. Now, the only thing working on the weather map are the charts. No radar or windspeed data.

This evening I was going to pull fuse 29, but I wasn't able to do it. Accessing the fuse panel on the 2013 Explorer is very difficult with the black panel in the way. I'll give it a shot tomorrow by removing the panel underneath.

One question I have is how long does it usually take to receive the data on the weather map after you start your vehicle? And for another question, where do I find out when the weather map was last updated? I notice others have posted times and dates, but I don't see anything on the MFT system that shows that information.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where does the wind speed actually show up? I have seen it as a button on the right side of the screen, but how is it displayed? Anybody ever seen it?

Where does the wind speed actually show up? I have seen it as a button on the right side of the screen, but how is it displayed? Anybody ever seen it?

The wind speed shows up on certain zoom levels. I believe it's the last two closest levels you can zoom too or just the closest zoom on the map. If I'm not mistaken, the wind speed shows up as light blue triangles across the map with the wind speed next to each triangle.

Cool, thanks. I'll have to try that :)

My weather radar stopped working two weeks on my Edge. Also, since upgrading to V3.0 I no longer see any maps updated at X time. I encountered radar update issues in the previous versions too.

Last weekend I ran the reboot software forcing a system reset, but no joy. I thought about popping the battery cable for a few minutes, but I don't want to re-enter my Nav favorites.

If I need the weather radar I look at my iPhone for now.

I am reviving this thread since my 1 week old Explorer is not loading Sirius weather radar, and only spotty performance on movie listings. The weather picture did work on the dealers lot of course...now it shows a map with a flashing white circle around my location on the map...no radar data. I did call Sirius and they supposedly did a reset...made no difference in about 15 mins of waiting. By the way...everything else seems to be working great on the vehicle. My wife loves it...I am perhaps OCDing a little but I hate it when stuff does not work. Of course there was a line of weather moving this way that I wanted to see...but no. All channels of Sirius radio play fine...they do quit immediately upon entering my garage tho. Ideas?
If you have not done the MFT Upgrade to V3.0, do it and this should fix your problem. I had huge problems with this on V2.11. After the upgrade I still had to do one fuse 29 pull and a Master reset to finally have the travel link work constantly. There is a time delay if it has to reload all the data, up to 15 minutes. It is not instantaneous. Once it has a complete refresh, you can tell there are more frequent updates as the screen blanks and then refreshes every minute or so. I hated to loose a couple features in 2.11 but this upgrade did fix this issue for me.

If you have not done the MFT Upgrade to V3.0, do it and this should fix your problem. I had huge problems with this on V2.11. After the upgrade I still had to do one fuse 29 pull and a Master reset to finally have the travel link work constantly. There is a time delay if it has to reload all the data, up to 15 minutes. It is not instantaneous. Once it has a complete refresh, you can tell there are more frequent updates as the screen blanks and then refreshes every minute or so. I hated to loose a couple features in 2.11 but this upgrade did fix this issue for me.

Do the charts on the weather map always work for you? I have V3.0, but I never see the charts anymore. Everything else seems to work fine with Travel Link. I've tried the master reset at least 5 times, disconnected the battery, and went to the Sirius website to refresh the signal many times. After the battery disconnect, charts worked, but only temporarily. Today, I have radar, wind speed, and storm data but no charts. I'm only in my Explorer for about 10 minutes when I'm driving too and from work. Does the data on the weather map take longer then 10 minutes to load after you first start your vehicle? Thanks.

I have not had a chance to drive it any this week as it is my wifes vehicle. This weekend I will take it out and see if it doesn't come back...I have a feeling that since the Sirius radio channels seem to work just fine, that the issue is Sirius not pushing the data out in this area or something like that...will post my findings NLT Sunday...appreciate yalls feedback too.

I ran the Delayed Reboot utility again today. Hooray, my Weather radar's working again. I could areas of rain showers plus a low pressure line on the radar.

Maybe run the Delayed Reboot, pull fuse 29 or disconnect the battery for a few minutes. Remember, pulling the battery deletes your Nav Favorites

Dumb question time

How do I run a delayed reboot? Or a reboot? Pardon my ignorance...new to the system...

Do the charts on the weather map always work for you? I have V3.0, but I never see the charts anymore. Everything else seems to work fine with Travel Link. I've tried the master reset at least 5 times, disconnected the battery, and went to the Sirius website to refresh the signal many times. After the battery disconnect, charts worked, but only temporarily. Today, I have radar, wind speed, and storm data but no charts. I'm only in my Explorer for about 10 minutes when I'm driving too and from work. Does the data on the weather map take longer then 10 minutes to load after you first start your vehicle? Thanks.
It is all working for me, but again there can be delays. It is common that all the data on the initial refresh may take longer than 10 minutes. Each of the features appear to down load and post to the map separately on the initial down load, and the sequence seems to vary some. Make sure the Charts are turned on. Each feature can be toggled on/off. I gave up talking to Sirius months ago. It is a waste of an hour every time. A master reset with 3.0 fixed it for me. With 2.11 I had to pull Fuse 29 just about weekly.

We've noticed the past couple of days, the gas prices haven't been showing up. Everything else seems to work, so we are stumped by this one. Even after a "System Maintenance", it still didn't come up. ??

No Dice

Mine did not come up during 20 minutes each direction tonight...toggled the chart, Radar and Storms on/off...changed the "Current" to different places...nothing. I guess I will have to take it in. Everything but the weather page works so far. Strange...I cannot find my fuse box. Manual says by the brake and to take the cover off...dang if I see one.

Update: I spent a good 30 minutes or more on the phone with a couple of different Sirius Reps (in the Philippines no less) and after they sent my radio a "signal" whatever that means...no joy. I am going to have to make an appointment to bring it in...another oddity...the 5 day forecast is missing the next two days worth of information too.

^ You have to be a carnival side-show contortionist to get at it comfortably!

Mine did not come up during 20 minutes each direction tonight...toggled the chart, Radar and Storms on/off...changed the "Current" to different places...nothing. I guess I will have to take it in. Everything but the weather page works so far. Strange...I cannot find my fuse box. Manual says by the brake and to take the cover off...dang if I see one.

Update: I spent a good 30 minutes or more on the phone with a couple of different Sirius Reps (in the Philippines no less) and after they sent my radio a "signal" whatever that means...no joy. I am going to have to make an appointment to bring it in...another oddity...the 5 day forecast is missing the next two days worth of information too.

It's the same in my 2013 Explorer as well. Everything works but the weather page. It's so frustrating since I've tried everything I've read on this forum. I did a master reboot today but the weather worked for only about 5 minutes, then all the information was gone the rest of the day. I'm going to make an appointment on Monday. I'm curious what the techs can do at the dealership. I got nowhere talking to Sirius. You can go to Sirius' website to send a refresh of your services without calling them. Here is the link:

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

The fuse box is a pain to reach. It took me a while to figure out where it is. If you look up next to the break, you will see a white square connector with a bunch of wires behind it. The fuse box is next to that. You really can't see what you are doing unless you remove the plastic panel underneath. It's really not worth the hassle. I just disconnected the battery instead of trying to pull the fuse. That only made the weather work temporarily.

It's the same in my 2013 Explorer as well. Everything works but the weather page. It's so frustrating since I've tried everything I've read on this forum. I did a master reboot today but the weather worked for only about 5 minutes, then all the information was gone the rest of the day. I'm going to make an appointment on Monday. I'm curious what the techs can do at the dealership. I got nowhere talking to Sirius. You can go to Sirius' website to send a refresh of your services without calling them. Here is the link:

https://care.siriusxm.com/retailrefresh_view.action

The fuse box is a pain to reach. It took me a while to figure out where it is. If you look up next to the break, you will see a white square connector with a bunch of wires behind it. The fuse box is next to that. You really can't see what you are doing unless you remove the plastic panel underneath. It's really not worth the hassle. I just disconnected the battery instead of trying to pull the fuse. That only made the weather work temporarily.
Sorry to hear about the troubles, I know your issue from 2.11. Whenever you do pull the fuse or the battery, walk away and leave it disconnected for 5-10 minutes. It needs to totally clear the memory. You might try it combined with the Master reset. Based on my experience, you will never get any help from Sirius, don't waste your time. If 3.0 hadn't fixed mine if was going to tell Ford to replace the radio. While the satellite signal, or lack there off, may instigate a problem, the radio and software need to be able to recover. In my opinion, this is Ford's problem. You paid good money for this technology; make them make it work. Get it documented with your dealer and contact the Social team (Natasha, Rebecca, etc.). If they try to push it off on Sirius, have them pull up a vehicle with it working next to yours. If they want to walk through a one hour session with Sirius let them.

I played with the fuel price option a few times today. Basically, 25 seconds for the fuel info to appear on the screen. Just for grins I tried Movie Listings which immediately popped onto the screen. I didn't try weather today because it's sunny. Rain's forecast next week so I'll check the weather radar again.

Varions versions of 2.X I used to see weather radar then lose it until the next reboot.

I'd love to enable some diagnostic logs and track the problem(s) down.

Rain's forecast next week so I'll check the weather radar again.

If there is no bad weather close by, I zoom out to National view. You can usually find something going on.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to hear about the troubles, I know your issue from 2.11. Whenever you do pull the fuse or the battery, walk away and leave it disconnected for 5-10 minutes. It needs to totally clear the memory. You might try it combined with the Master reset. Based on my experience, you will never get any help from Sirius, don't waste your time. If 3.0 hadn't fixed mine if was going to tell Ford to replace the radio. While the satellite signal, or lack there off, may instigate a problem, the radio and software need to be able to recover. In my opinion, this is Ford's problem. You paid good money for this technology; make them make it work. Get it documented with your dealer and contact the Social team (Natasha, Rebecca, etc.). If they try to push it off on Sirius, have them pull up a vehicle with it working next to yours. If they want to walk through a one hour session with Sirius let them.

I pulled the fuse and combined that with a master reset this past Saturday. Everything was working great up until yesterday. On my lunch hour from work, when I got back into the Explorer, the system reset itself and weather maps and fuel prices haven't worked since. I called the dealership where I purchased the vehicle and they said there is nothing they can do. They told me I basically have to wait until there is a new update. I'm thinking about trying another dealership to see what they say. I love the new Explorer, but it's just so unfortunate it doesn't work like it should. I agree about Sirius. It's useless to call them from my experience as well.

Back