MFT v3.8 and iOS10 Issues | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.8 and iOS10 Issues

SurrealOne, I do not use map apps. I have MFT with navigation. However, I wont use this thread to comment on how poor the built-in navigation system works. I get a headache thinking about it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sgt1411, I don't know; the dealer has not gotten back to me to reschedule.

Meanwhile, here is another problem that shows up with no predicable pattern. When I start the car, or while driving, and my iPhone bluetooth is on, MFT sometimes thinks my phone is making a call. The MFT screen shows the call timer is ticking along as if I was actually on a call. However, there is not call being made or call received. I did not initiate a call on my iPhone and the phone home screen shows no call is active. Somehow MFT thinks I'm on the telephone but I'm not! While this is going on I can press the end call button on the MFT screen and it does not respond. The iPhone screen shows no call is active. I pressed the telephone icon on the iPhone and it has no affect on MFT. Then, on it's own, MFT will end the phantom call. Time line from start to end is anywhere from 10 seconds to 2 minutes.

So, I am thinking about a master reset to work out the gremlins. I hope this works. Meanwhile, I have another call into dealer service and no reply.

I had that exact problem with the MFT "Ghost Call" as well. I deleted my phone from MFT, did a Master Reset
Then re-paired my phone and it went away.

Funny enough I had that same bug in SYNC3 now, so I did the SYNC3 module reset by holding the CD back button and system power button together for 10 seconds and it went away.

I had that exact problem with the MFT "Ghost Call" as well. I deleted my phone from MFT, did a Master Reset
Then re-paired my phone and it went away.

Funny enough I had that same bug in SYNC3 now, so I did the SYNC3 module reset by holding the CD back button and system power button together for 10 seconds and it went away.

Did you disable Siri? On the Apple site I read that this can also fix the issue. Here is the link.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7666932?start=0&tstart=0

Question: if I do a master reset do I revert to the version installed when I bought the car new or the latest version (3.8) which I installed a few months ago?

Back