MGP Poor Customer Service | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MGP Poor Customer Service

MikeCallery

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT Tri-Coat
I know, you always tend to hear the gripes, but I think this one is important if you are looking at their products.

First, let's put aside if you want them or not, that is not the issue here.

Second, that said, another forum member purchased a set for his Explorer Sport and they sent the wrong ones. He recognized that, got the right set and was able to sell me his old set. My gain, I am very pleased with them, BUT

After installation, I was concerned about the fitment of the clips and contacted MGP. Short story, the front clips were wrong so they sent me out a new set. Shipping was poorly handled as they asked me to pay $30. for expedited shipping on a Friday for Saturday delivery, which never happened. They eventually shipped overnight on Monday for Tuesday delivery and refunded me $30. No real complaint except I had wanted to get them Saturday.

Next, when the clips arrived, I had expected a new set for the front and rear. The guy I was working with told me he had checked my rear set and I had the right numbers.

So, just to see what happened, I ordered another set of rear clips. I went online, told them on their order page what year/model I had. They even confirmed that information by email. This clips arrived yesterday.

You guess, the set they sent me, operating by vehicle information only, is a different set then what I have, YET, the tech support told me that I had the right clips.

So, to re-cap

- sent the wrong set to the first individual purchasing the covers
- sent the wrong front clips
- allegedly lied in telling me that I had the correct rear clips
- charged for expedited delivery that they could not perform correctly, but refunded the money.

All this said, I really like the look and being that I got them semi-used for $150. I am happy with my purchase and will simply move forward. I don't know if I would have wanted to pay full price and most certainly I wanted to advise other users here of making sure you get the right clips!

I know, you always tend to hear the gripes, but I think this one is important if you are looking at their products.

First, let's put aside if you want them or not, that is not the issue here.

Second, that said, another forum member purchased a set for his Explorer Sport and they sent the wrong ones. He recognized that, got the right set and was able to sell me his old set. My gain, I am very pleased with them, BUT

After installation, I was concerned about the fitment of the clips and contacted MGP. Short story, the front clips were wrong so they sent me out a new set. Shipping was poorly handled as they asked me to pay $30. for expedited shipping on a Friday for Saturday delivery, which never happened. They eventually shipped overnight on Monday for Tuesday delivery and refunded me $30. No real complaint except I had wanted to get them Saturday.

Next, when the clips arrived, I had expected a new set for the front and rear. The guy I was working with told me he had checked my rear set and I had the right numbers.

So, just to see what happened, I ordered another set of rear clips. I went online, told them on their order page what year/model I had. They even confirmed that information by email. This clips arrived yesterday.

You guess, the set they sent me, operating by vehicle information only, is a different set then what I have, YET, the tech support told me that I had the right clips.

So, to re-cap

- sent the wrong set to the first individual purchasing the covers
- sent the wrong front clips
- allegedly lied in telling me that I had the correct rear clips
- charged for expedited delivery that they could not perform correctly, but refunded the money.

All this said, I really like the look and being that I got them semi-used for $150. I am happy with my purchase and will simply move forward. I don't know if I would have wanted to pay full price and most certainly I wanted to advise other users here of making sure you get the right clips!
so the set I sold you had the wrong front and rear clips :eek:

almost makes me think they just threw together a bunch of spare parts to box up for this order . that's probably one of the reasons they didn't work for mine at first also . after receiving the new set , I noticed the rear covers were different , from the first order I sold Mike , for my Sport . I never even tried the new set and decided to sell them before trying to repaint the calipers again......it was a pain in the a55 . I decided to give a couple of people the opportunity to enjoy these at a discounted price :thumbsup:

if I would have known this was going to happen , I would have made sure all the parts were correct before selling .

I apologize to Mike for all the issues but I want everyone to understand that I had no control over MGP not having the correct parts in the kit that was sold to me .

I apologize if in any way anything I said insinuated that you were at fault, which was NOT the case. I hope you did not take it that way.

My objective in my post was to let other forum members know that if you make the decision to purchase a set, your parts should fit perfectly, period, and if not, they might have sent you the wrong clips as they did you, and me. It's unfortunate because one has to wonder what would happen if a clip came off.

Oh, and as I got a great price from you (thank you), and I've rectified my clip issues, I am very pleased with the look.

I apologize if in any way anything I said insinuated that you were at fault, which was NOT the case. I hope you did not take it that way.

My objective in my post was to let other forum members know that if you make the decision to purchase a set, your parts should fit perfectly, period, and if not, they might have sent you the wrong clips as they did you, and me. It's unfortunate because one has to wonder what would happen if a clip came off.

Oh, and as I got a great price from you (thank you), and I've rectified my clip issues, I am very pleased with the look.
I didn't take it like you were pointing a finger at me cuz we have had a couple of conversations back and forth on what's going on with MGP . there are people out there that might say I knew about the issues and I shouldn't have sold them to you until I fixed the problem . I was just trying to point out that I had no idea before selling them .

you and I both know the situation but others might twist the story up and I don't want a bad reputation because I like my ability to sell parts on this forum also . I belong to a few forums and have a great reputation on all of them , as well as a 100% positive feedback on ebay , so I don't want to ruin it now :D

it's always good to see detailed write-ups about products to inform other members :thumbsup:

Back