• Register Today It's free!

misfire cylinder 3 and 4

rcrawley

Reaction score
City, State
Maysville, Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Expolrer XLS
I think there is a connection. Engine has been running rough for a while. A few days ago I replaced the thermostat. When I removed the radiator hose some coolant spilled on top of the engine. After I was finished took the truck out for a test drive.

The check engine light began to flash and the engine ran rougher than before. Could the coolant have agrivated a sensor problen on the top of the engine? Code P0303 was present before but light never flashed.

The code reader is also flashing the following: CAT, EVA, O2S and HTR.

Checked the coil. Primary resistance was within acceptable range, Secondary resistance on all pairs was around 14.3 while the range should be 6.5 to 11.5

Flashing checking engine is catalyst damaging misfire. Your dumping raw fuel down your exhaust. I believe the coil is set up to fire 1 & 5, 2 & 6, 3 & 4 one is a power spark and the other a waste (depending on cycle) so good chance with 3 & 4 getting a miss the coil pack itself is bad. However a simple spark checker inline will help.

the flashing of the cat evp what not is readiness monitors that haven't cleared yet. Until the drive cycle is completed they will flash on the scanner.

Back