I Drive By Brail
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Bronco '80 Toy
I just got back from the SWFWD Spring run in Gilmer, TX and have to say that thoes who couldn't make it were missed. Turned out the only Exlporer to show was Gerald with his EB (mine wasn't ready :( ). He really impressed alot of people and I want to thank him again for letting me ride shotgun with him on Saturday. I got some good picks of him in action and will post them as soon as I get them back.

P.S. Gerald, Thank you again for running us back to town so we could get the parts to fix the Chrokee. It was great to finally meet and good luck in Moab.

Mike, it was great to meet you and your friends. And thanks for the shower! ;)

Now Sinjin, you know I don't own a digital camera. I only took a few pics so I'll use the rest of the roll in Moab.

I did get one pic I'll want to post. I backed up on a 30 degree RTI ramp and scored 520. I don't know how much higher a figure that translates into on a 23 degree ramp, but I thought that was a rather impressive score for a basically stock setup and shows what the Warrior shackle/addaleaf mod can do to help flex. My flex was way beyond what I've seen several members here post photos of.

Minor carnage for me; rammed my transfer case skidplate up into my front driveshaft and binding the driveshaft. Mike helped with the trail repair; we suspended it between two hadite blocks and put a HiLift on it and jacked my vehicle up to put weight on it and bend it back down. Getting the skidplate put back on was a bit of a challenge since the four mounting holes didn't line up very well anymore with the frame with it all bent up.

I saw a scary rollover on the toughest hill in the park -- looks similar to Potato Salad Hill but even tougher. A gorgeous Scrambler took it on with the whole family in - including two or three guys in the back and a seven yr old girl strapped in a carseat under the roll cage. It was one of those quick violent rolls, not one of those slow you-can-see-it-coming things. I thought for sure one of those guys in the back would have gotten thrown and pinned under it, and the girl started screaming and I thought she had gotten pinned. We ran down the hill to learn that physically everyone was pretty okay; just shaken up. Even though the girl was strapped in a carseat four-point harness, I thought it was almost criminal for that man to leave her in the vehicle while trying an obstacle that dangerous, and I let him know it later on.

Back