Return From Moab 2004! Photos!! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return From Moab 2004! Photos!!

Thanks Tom! My dad isnt the best at recording but its still pretty good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats real cool. Is there any more video's?

"oh **** Joe!" hahahaha, oh man...i was lucky enough to see that happen, but i didn't get the in car commentary :D your dad sounded pretty freaked out there for a second :eek:

good video, how did you compress that down so much Tom? we're in the process of compressing all our stuff now, so any advice will help.

TwoToneX said:
good video, how did you compress that down so much Tom? we're in the process of compressing all our stuff now, so any advice will help.

a) reduce the frame rate from ~29 to 18fps

b) reduce the audio from stereo to mono, 32kb, vbr (most video cams don't have stereo mics on them)

c) force the video to a bitrate of about 192kb/sec

I do it all with Linux - using MEncoder from the mPlayer project.

This is the command line I use:

mencoder jtx-moab.avi -o jtx-moab-td.avi -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=32:mode=3 -lavcopts vbitrate=192 -ofps 18

Cool video

Here`s Gerold crabbin`

Attachments

• Gerolds crab.jpg
    Gerolds crab.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 433

JTX said:
I have a 4 minute video that is 17mb's. :banghead: It's of the two times i almost flipped. :roll: If anyone can host it let me know. :bounce:

Was it you that nearly did an aerobatic barrel roll and flipped sideways on that first obstacle on Behind the Rocks? If so, I really want to see it, my gosh that was awesome, but I didn't have my camera up when you did it :rolleyes:

I'm having trouble loading Tom's video here at work; I'll have to get back to figuring it out tonight.

Thanks Msupertek!

For those who weren't aware, the miles of stress I've put on my Explorer finally resulted in completely cracking my front crossmember around the point where the right steering rack bolt went through it, resulting in my steering rack being held in with only the left bolt. This happened on the way back (somewhere in NM or west TX) and steering from that point on was very loose. I kept expecting to get pulled over for DUI, lol.... and the thought of what would happen if the other side decided to crack was not a pleasant one :eek:

Msupertek and his lovely wife took time out of their Memorial Day holiday to invite us over while he welded up the crossmember so Ashli and I could get back home to SC. What a neat family and gracious people! It was a real pleasure to get to know you better.

We owe a great debt of gratitude and thank you so very much for your help :)

Here ya go Gerald. Moab Video :roll: :yelexp: :roll:

Holy !!!!!!

IMGP0882-vi.jpg

Mike Boyle, you are insane. No way would I ever take that photo! :eek:

It feels like you're going to fall right into the screen and over the edge looking at that picture!

It feels like you're going to fall right into the screen and over the edge looking at that picture!
And, good as that picture is -- it cannot even begin to show the eye what you actually see when you stand there looking down in person. That shot is about 3500 feet straight down... That is light airplane territory. Those things that look like bumps and ripples in the land are actually hills!

Nice pics Guy. I see you drove through Glenwood Canyon. Neat road isnt it.

Here's the view of Fisher Towers (with the La Sal Mtns in the background) that greeted Ashli and I as we drove into Moab.... I wish I was a professional photographer with a really good camera, the real view we saw would be worthy of a framed print.

101FisherTowerrs.jpg

Here`s a wierd one we took somewhere between Salt Lake and Moab.
Looks like Satan himself welcoming us to town.
muahahaha....

Attachments

• Moab sky monster.JPG
    Moab sky monster.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 296

WOW! That is something.....

hey anyone have any tires for sale?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Joe,

What did you have in mind? 4 Wheel Supply has a Pro-Comp buy 3 get one free deal going on and they are in Plano. You also get a 10% price break if you get in certain clubs (rangerstation.com).

Back