Missing Part, Please help!

Girlielyfe

Reaction score
City, State
Warner Robins, Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT
Hi Ya'll!
I have a 1996 explorer that we are just beginning to work on. It has a missing part that we don't know what it is. I can explain as much as I know and hope someone can tell me what it is.
On the drivers side of the engine. It has 3 vaccum hose connections lines hanging and 2 electrical connections hanging and the piece is missing.

Please help!:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this Missing piece near the EGR?

I don't know what or where the EGR is located. I know it is by the IAC.

I can do pics once I get home. It would be nice to see some pics of the drivers side of an explorer so I could see what I am missing. If ya'll have any please post them. No one that has looked at it knows what it is.

some pics would probably help here

X2 :D Photos would defintly help here

I don't know what or where the EGR is located. I know it is by the IAC.

You should see a pipe coming up from the driver side exhuast manifold running up to a valve attached to the upper intake manifold.

Wasn't able to get the pics before it was dark. Could you list some possible items that it could be with vacuum hoses and electrical connections in close range to the IAC? I appreciate all ya'lls help on this! I really need to get teh part ordered and the truck runnin soon!

1996 V6 4.0
Manf date was 11/95
:dunno:

4.0L OHV

Nov20_0001.jpg

Thanks so much for the pic!!
What is the rectangular aluminum piece?

There are two silicon hoses that run from the exhaust pipe going from the left manifold to the EGR valve to the DFPE. With the DFPE gone, someone might have plugged the ports on the tube in a way that ruined it.

Need more information.
I know I am missing the DPFE and the EVR.
I do however have these 2 naked lines that I don't know what they connect to. The book I have is not very descriptive nor do I know anything about vehicles under the hood.
This is the pic of the naked lines by the EGR.
missingpieceofexplorer.jpg

Pictures

Here are 2 more pictures to help with what I need to get. I need to order these missing pieces today so I can spend tomorrow working on it. I need it running this weekend! Thanks for the help!
tn1.jpg

tn.jpg

I'm not that old, and I can't see them either!

Man, I must be old... :)

HERE is the link to the DPFE Sensor

That is the one form my truck, but I think on the 1996, yours takes a slightly different one. Same premise, different part- so make sure you get the right one- they show a little bit different one, and a different part number.

My '95 had half of a IAC from a '95, and 1/2 of an IAC from a '91-94. (From the factory) It was weird, so I had to replace it with the older one, or my connector wouldn't fit- weird stuff. :D

Ummm I'm not old, just my eyes are? Girlielyfe, are you sure that the X is completely non-drivable? Can you make it to an auto parts store so they can help you?

At this moment the X is in the back yard not able to even crank. It was parked before I got it and I don't know all of what it needs to run. But you can clearly see it is missing parts that are listed in the picture you provided. I am just unsure of the 2 naked lines and where they connect to?

You have bigger trouble than a missing sensor and a couple of disconnected vac lines. You need to look it over, get a fresh battery and probably drain/refill the oil and coolant. Do an EEC diagnostic, compression test, cooling system pressure test or any other test to determine why it was parked. Pull the plugs at the least before you crank it so you don't risk a hydro. I'm assuming that you don't know the history as you didn't say anything about it being parked (how long, why) before.

:DIt's running!
I was missing the DPFE and EVR. Replaced the battery and am working on routine maintaince items! Whoohoo.
Ok. I appreciate the help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back