Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post) | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Moab 09 - May 30-31 (Important info in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing you all. I won't be arriving until late Friday evening however! What time at City Market?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The group usually plans on moving out at 9am. Try and get there early enough for introductions, checkout each others rigs etc... See ya soon!

I've been in camp for about a while now. I wanted to get the tent up, some grub in me and a cold one opened by the fire. I hade a good trip except the 9-11mpg! I did catch snow in the pass today! Kampy and jeep crew is arriving tomorrow. Safe travels to all!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ill be loading up this evening and heading out around 5 am which puts me in moab at about noon tomorrow.

X is on the trailer everything is go for launch!!!! 3-4 more hours of work then hopefully to Durango for tonight then moab by midafternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya'll be careful and we'll see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys have fun out there, watch for flash floods on some trails!!

I cannot believe I am missing Moab AGAIN!! Ah well had to get married and have a kiddo, so it can wait till 2010 when we can share it all with him :)

You all have a great time, I will surely miss not going this year. But I will do another run this year somewhere.

Just met up with Gary & Joey. And Paul just pulled in.
Posted via Mobile Device

We deffinately won't make it til tomorrow. Ken missed the I84 exit off the 84 and ended up on 86 toward Pocatello and tokk a 120 mile detour. I ended up doing 55mph and stopped in Salt Lake Citty to let him catch up. Currently we are at IHOP having dinner, 40 miles from our overnite stop.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ralph and I are in St. George tonight. We should be arriving tomorrow afternoon.

Hey Kevin that was some detour. Just be safe see you tomorrow.

See ya all soon.:p:

uhhh, you know it's the hardest day ever for me to be at work. The beers are even on ice at this point.

So funny thing, I'm at a stoplight and 2 guys in a toyota are eyeballing my Explorer on the trailer. Pulls up and says "Is that thing a rock crawler"

not wanting to sound like a ****** if this guy as a custom tube buggy in his garage I say " Not really, it's 4wd but does a little on the rocks, a little in the desert"

Dude is like, "yeah, that's what I thought, that thing is way too nice to be a rock crawler." My beat up truck getting called too nice for anything makes me smile ear to ear :D

I'll be out this afternoon for a late night arrival. Several guys have my number so call me if you guys need anything.

Hey Danny. You got my cell. Give me a call on your ETA, you know us old guy's go to bed early.:D

It's 12:00 and we're 200 miles to go.

I finally made it. Got a trailer repair to do and all will be good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ran sledgehammer this morning and had a good run. Probably running Kanes creek tonight. I'll see what all you sally's have planned for saturday

Mmmmmoab!!!! Weathers great, company is better:D Wish everyone could join us... as in EVERYONE!:p:

well the best we can do rick is live through you guys! I am sitting here at home working (trying to work) with the baby sleeping next to me (finally) I have forgotten what sleep is LOL thats okay I can sleep when I am dead.... so take pics and video so its the next best thing to being there!!

we have a new RZR s just sitting in the garage... baby = hard to find time for toys but we will get there, it's two vs one!! LOL

Have fun, great week to be in Moab me thinks, perfect weather around here!!

Ok, I'm just about to hit the road :) See you guy's in a while. 172 miles and we're there.

Tried posting this yesterday from the trail, but could resized it from my phone.

Posted via Mobile Device

Attachments

• Breakage.jpg
    Breakage.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 573

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I didn't take the Explorer with on this trip since we have a dog who can't wheel, and can't be left with a kennel:rolleyes: While the rest of the group ran/is running Golden Spike, we took "the beast" to Arches National Park.

Attachments

• arches1.jpg
    arches1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 408
  • arches2.jpg
    arches2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 394

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back