Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
DWD's & Painter Ken's Pics and Videos
90ranajo's pics and videos
mrboyle's pics
FlyBoyCoe's pics

Okay, here's the first trail report from day one.

We started out on Rose Garden Hill on our way out to Top of the World. We lost Painter Ken due to a puking and overheating tranny and a couple of others who didn't want to brave the hill. Understandable, it was a little more than expected. Ken headed back to camp to bypass the radiator cooler and install a huge tranny cooler with a fan.

About 2 miles later, I realized my steering wheel was upside down when going stright, about 180 degrees from it's normal postion. Got out and looked and my trac-bar mount was starting to come off the frame. Five years and my booger welds finally let go Me and MrBoyle bailed from there and headed back to town to get to the shop before they closed at 5 to get it back in place. $60 later, Good to go.

Got back to camp after the trac-bar repairs and helped Ken finish up his tranny cooler, then I investigated the squeek and clunk from my front end. Turns out all the lug nuts on my passenger front were loose, causing the clunk. Squeek is written off to dusty brakes.

Got that all buttoned up and Ken wanted to do a quick test run on his tranny cooling issue. Nothing closer than potato salad hill. So I rounded up R.J. and Strawhat, I think, nice yellow early Bronco.

I attempted the hill, wussed out after three attempts and let someone else go. The EB walked right up it. After that, I followed his line and did the same. Ken followed and made it on his first attempt.

Dramatic music please, ..................................................

THe EB goes for a second attempt on a harder line, and the hil claim another victim. Two full rolls, three tires off there beads, and he comes to rest with his front axle strattling a rock keeping the rolls out of the gully. NO INJURIES

After resetti ng two beads and throwing the spare on the other, the EB fired right up and drove itself onto the trailer for the ride back to camp. Here ends another happy day in Moab. Don't worry, they have a whole new front clip, fenders, and a hood at home to repair the body scars.

Before Potato Salad Hill
DSC_0211Medium.jpg

After Two full rolls down the hill the hard way.
DSC_0214Medium.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OUCH! Do I here NEW "ROLL OVER POSSE" inducties asking for entry to the "special" club?!!!!! :roll::D:D:confused:

OUCH! Do I here NEW "ROLL OVER POSSE" inducties asking for entry to the "special" club?!!!!! :roll::D:D:confused:

He was instantly inducted into the Posse.

Thanks for the resize on the pics.

..Dam...:eek:...That was a wicked roll....It looks like the rock he stopped on saved him from rolling several more times...:eek:...Seriously, that was nasty...

Wow that cage held up to a serious beating fortunately! That's pretty cool that the engine started right back up though. And good thing whoever took that first picture wasn't in the way of the bronco on its way down.

Updating my Webshots album now with Hell's Revenge.

...:bounce:...hurry up, we are jonesing back home...:D

252 files are now uploading.

...Holy cow, that is just the fix we need...:thumbsup:...You're the man...:salute:...:D

Mike's (mrboyle) group hasn't returned back from 7 Mile Rim yet.

That's the way it was when he bought it.

I wish I would have made it but the ex lost the fuel pump again but this time completely had to wait for my oldest to come rescue us. it is still sitting on the side of the road in CO. Will have to wait till next Sat to get it. hope it is all right.

Tim

...:popcorn:...Do you have a link to the pics yet???...

...:popcorn:...Do you have a link to the pics yet???...

Second link in post #5.

Still uploading more. This 11 meg connection out here sux!:thumbdwn:

...Thanks..:thumbsup:

...Who laid over the blue X and did Tom Rios make it???...I didn't see his rig...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That was Painter Ken, DWDs bro-in-law.

Back