Photos - Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Moab 2021 - EF's 25th anniversary

Which weekend for Moab 2021?

• May 1-2

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • May 8-9

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • May 15-16

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • May 22-23

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • May 29-30

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Is anyone else camping/boondocking outside of town? I'm planning on camping South of town in my usual spot. Also what is everyone's plans for dinners? Looks like restaurants are open (but I didn't see to what capacity) or will you be camp cooking?

I'm hoping to be there by Tuesday evening but I am also at the mercy of a local shop getting a part back to me early next week so may be Wednesday evening. :dunno:
Just dont run Kane Creek without me :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is anyone else camping/boondocking outside of town? I'm planning on camping South of town in my usual spot. Also what is everyone's plans for dinners? Looks like restaurants are open (but I didn't see to what capacity) or will you be camp cooking?

I'm hoping to be there by Tuesday evening but I am also at the mercy of a local shop getting a part back to me early next week so may be Wednesday evening. :dunno:
Just dont run Kane Creek without me :D
Eating out at anyplace I can find food. LOL Hoping the Moab Brewery & The blue pig are open for us. Moab diner as well. Fast food joints a few nights is fine by me, but really need to sit down and enjoy a good meal, a few times as well.

We ( Kurt, Mike, & I) will run Kane Creek with you on Wednesday or Thursday (along with anybody else wanting to go), as that is one trail I really want to do this trip, but I need to find others to run the big three on another day. My rig has never been on those. Any takers?

Edit: I remembered Paul mentioning Where Eagles Dare, so I looked it up, and noticed that it is with the big 3. I then seen Paul had the big 3 with Eagles. Doh!
@Paul & Co.... Mind if we join for that run?

Not a Explorer-by-model-year expert, but "NBX"? Assuming aftermarket. . .?
Factory actually, it’s an obscure package and not a lot were made. Black and gray interior, factory tow hooks and skid plates, a Yakima roof basket and black side plastic. Was for the no boundaries edition.

it’s a bit of an odd ball :)

The 7.3 up pipes are a royal PITA. Esp. when your trying to get a bolt in place, and find that the bolt hole is full of garbage, in a brand spanking new part... and a drill bit will not clean it out.. and every hardware store for miles around just closed. Today, I lucked out, and the nearest Ace hardware had a single tungsten burr bit in stock. Geez. Hopefully, it will magically just re-assemble itself in the next few days. At least it's at the re-assembly stage now, only took 16 hours of cussing, prying to get the turbo off, the wicked wheel 2 on it.. and remove the EBP housing, and replace it.. yea, I'm slow, but meticulous.

As for me, my wife and friend with restaurants.. Not sure what we will do, I have to be careful what I eat now, I'm diabetic.. We will be there Thursday night, at the KOA. If any one wants my cell #, let me know, and I'll PM it. We are also bringing a dog with us.. so dining has to be dog friendly.

We ( Kurt, Mike, & I) will run Kane Creek with you on Wednesday or Thursday (along with anybody else wanting to go), as that is one trail I really want to do this trip, but I need to find others to run the big three on another day. My rig has never been on those. Any takers?
- Kane Creek with you guys sounds great - - like Brian, I've never done it (weathered out). Next week Moab forecast looking good - - no rain and in the 70's. . .
- As for the PSM/GS/GBR, definitely up for that, even though the "new to Moab" guy coming with Kevin had to abort (injured his back), but still a fun trail, especially the option of Eagles Dare . . . Since Brian mentioned he's not interested in those trails, maybe we run it Tuesday ?
- Phil's widow, Laurel, has made plans to show up on Friday and departs Sunday and the plan is to run her up to Top of the World to release some of Phil's ashes, so a few of the PNW crew will be doing that trail on Saturday, whether we go up via Rose Garden Hill is yet to be decided. Of course, anyone else who wants to join us is welcome.
- Rest of the trails TBD - - top of the list for me after these would be Moab Rim, then Cliff Hanger, then likely Metal Masher or Steel Bender, but in the end, nothing really gets decided until the City Market parking lot on the day of. . .
Factory actually, it’s an obscure package and not a lot were made. Black and gray interior, factory tow hooks and skid plates, a Yakima roof basket and black side plastic. Was for the no boundaries edition.

it’s a bit of an odd ball :)
Cool. . . Remember some of the early Escapes had a built in bike/roof rack with lights, probably also had a "NBX" emblem - - remember the "No Boundaries" campaign from the early 2000s.

Paul

@Paul Any day besides Monday, and the day we run Kane Creek, is good for me and the big 4! 😂

We are going to take it easy on Saturday. Might even just spend the day relaxing at Arches park, as we will have a 9 yr old with us, and 2 first timers, and you know, they like that kind of stuff. lol Long 2 day ride back, and after 10 long days in a rig with no A/C, it's going to be a welcome thing.

From What I'm hearing, T.O.W. has gotten beat up more, than it was last time I was on it (2016), and it was a 5 then. Not sure if that meant the downside of the upper loop, or the whole trail? Might be a long day if it is the entire trail.

Does anyone happen to have a 1gen sport drivers door panel they are willing to part with that's going for the meet?

Or known of one at the wrecking yard they would be willing to pull for me and pack for the trip?

Not concerned about color or even if it's got some damage. The only thing left of mine is the upper padding and it's now bugging me since the rig is almost finished.

Myself and my 9yo son Landon will be following @gmanpaint like lost puppy dogs.

This is an entirely new type of wheeling for me, in a new steering, suspension and drivetrain setup so its going to be a learning experience all around.

I'll be looking to to everyone for guidance and suggestions, but if anyone needs me to jump in, get dirty turning wrenches and busting knuckles I'll be all over it.

16200418736677395171790343203541.jpg

16200419095538075304701144808804.jpg

16200419392751721809370656647927.jpg

16200419610844787662756875328640.jpg

Still more room for tools on the tray to make room for storage/ tools/parts under it.

16200423360154386302131768359256.jpg

16200422390121318319874725152608.jpg

And the York 210 is fully functional, I will have to see if I have room for the air tools or not. I will have alternatives (hand/electric drivers).

I’m gonna try to make it out onto at least a trail or two with you guys. What time/where are the meet ups and is there a set trail list ?

I’m gonna try to make it out onto at least a trail or two with you guys. What time/where are the meet ups and is there a set trail list ?
Drivers meetings are held each morning in front of City Market, where we discuss & finalize the trail run for that day. 7:30am-8am, we decide how many groups, and what trails wanted to run.

If you already know ahead what trail your meeting at, Going straight to the trail head in case you missed the meeting works. But if you miss either, your on your own, unless somebody heard from you, with information of your arrival. In that case, we will do what we can to accommodate you, and get you caught up with that group.

What is your rigs capability and what trails can you run? Easy, mild, difficult?

What is your rigs capability and what trails can you run? Easy, mild, difficult?
Sure?

I think everyone else is going to know this answer before I will lol

Sure?

I think everyone else is going to know this answer before I will lol
Your fine. SAS sport, with more hp than any of us in the group. You should be able to handle any trail, any of us do. Just need to be careful on the off camber stuff with your rigs high center of gravity is all. Same as me, but you have 3 times the droop. Lol

Your fine. SAS sport, with more hp than any of us in the group. You should be able to handle any trail, any of us do. Just need to be careful on the off camber stuff with your rigs high center of gravity is all. Same as me, but you have 3 times the droop. Lol
Yeah I dont want to flop over lol.

Drivers meetings are held each morning in front of City Market, where we discuss & finalize the trail run for that day. 7:30am-8am, we decide how many groups, and what trails wanted to run.

If you already know ahead what trail your meeting at, Going straight to the trail head in case you missed the meeting works. But if you miss either, your on your own, unless somebody heard from you, with information of your arrival. In that case, we will do what we can to accommodate you, and get you caught up with that group.

My explorer has a Dana 35 that is cut and turned, and trussed and plated; With deaver leafs in the rear. On 33s. Check my profile picture. I live in Moab so I’m very familiar with the area and trails. I’ve yet to instal my gears and lockers so I’ve been staying away from the hardest rock crawling trails. I’d rather not do trails like cliffhanger, Moab rim, rusty nail, an Pritchett canyon. With that being said, 90% of the trails here are easily do able for me.

My explorer has a Dana 35 that is cut and turned, and trussed and plated; With deaver leafs in the rear. On 33s. Check my profile picture. I live in Moab so I’m very familiar with the area and trails. I’ve yet to instal my gears and lockers so I’ve been staying away from the hardest rock crawling trails. I’d rather not do trails like cliffhanger, Moab rim, rusty nail, an Pritchett canyon. With that being said, 90% of the trails here are easily do able for me.
Ryan.jpg

Another Sport! That's 3 for this trip - - could be a record turn-out for the two doors! ! !

Does anyone happen to have a 1gen sport drivers door panel they are willing to part with that's going for the meet?

Or known of one at the wrecking yard they would be willing to pull for me and pack for the trip?
Just looked here - - no 1st Gen Sports at any of the pick-n-pulls. . . also look for Mazda Navajos (but those are really rare) . . .

Paul

Here you go:
Navajo.JPG

Same state, but looks like wrong direction (from Moab) . . . If you go grab parts, I need the two door exterior "bump" guards (3" wide black plastic along the door body lines) for my own door project.

Just sayin'

Paul

Wow, I'm late to the thread, and certainly not gonna make, it, but I'm following for sure to see the pics coming soon!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here you go:
View attachment 330163

Same state, but looks like wrong direction (from Moab) . . . If you go grab parts, I need the two door exterior "bump" guards (3" wide black plastic along the door body lines) for my own door project.

Just sayin'

Paul
That is not too far. I am still doing some digging into what fits, I have a buddy with a pair of B2 panels but i am not sure.

Back