• Register Today It's free!

Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart!....cheap!

Bshmastr

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Collins, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
5 qt jugs of 5W-30 and 10W-30 are only $17.88 before tax. So good I had to buy 2!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah, i used to get those, but theres no walmarts in north jersey, you friggen believe that?! god, i cant wait to get the hell out of this ass-backwards state :p

My local ones quit carrying the 5 qt. jugs :(

Im also in Northern NJ (hunterdon county) and i got plenty of wally worlds near me. I saw that price on oil i think i think i might go buy a few jugs of it.

how funny that I was at wal-mart just yesterday and noticed that, good deal although you don't save a ton, I mean they are like $4 a quart, so figure $20 for 5 quarts. So you save about $2, still a decent deal though.

The cheapest I've seen it anywhere here is 4.50 a quart, usually 4.99. Now it's cheaper than iffy lube and dino oil, even when you add in a Mobil 1 filter.

yeah, maybe I haven't bought it in a while so didn't know it had gone up in price... I would've bought some at wal-mart but I have about 4 cases of oil in my garage still, LOL.

I saw one at Wally World and then I could never find them again. They are hard for me to find. I hope I can as they are nice to just dump the whole thing in.

Also there are only about 3 places in the South Denver and Metro area that carry Mobil1 filters. I usually have to buy them out as they only have about 3 on hand at a time.

Just FYI...lol

yup, I've foudn the autozone by my house carries Mobil 1 filters, M1-210 is the part for my truck, whenever I see one, I buy it :).

I know people that work for Mobil, they tell me the jugs of Mobil 1 SuperSyn are a promotional item only and will not be available at all times. This is why sometimes you can find them, and then sometimes not.

I suggest you stock up when you find them. I bought 2 the last time I found them at Wally-World. :redexp:

Originally posted by BradE.
I know people that work for Mobil, they tell me the jugs of Mobil 1 SuperSyn are a promotional item only and will not be available at all times. This is why sometimes you can find them, and then sometimes not.

I suggest you stock up when you find them. I bought 2 the last time I found them at Wally-World. :redexp:

Good to know ill have to buy some tonight.

Dont buy the oil by its self!!!!!! Im not 100% sure about ALL Walmarts BUT if yours does Tire and Lube then Walmart will do their 15-point oil change WITH Mobile 1 Syn. for 30.00. If they throw a hassle tell them that store 1259 does it for that price. You cant beat that price. I mean its going to cost you 18.00-25.00 for 5 quarts of oil ALONE. Oh BTW if they dont give it to you call 1-800-wal-mart and complain (again throwing in that Store #1259 is doing it for that price), youre almost sure to get the 30.00 price.

My local Walmarts all have a sign in the Custome Service department stating "We will match all competetors prices, however this does not apply to other Walmarts".

ahhhh.. just in time for an oil change also.. :cool:

Originally posted by Abraxsis
Dont buy the oil by its self!!!!!! Im not 100% sure about ALL Walmarts BUT if yours does Tire and Lube then Walmart will do their 15-point oil change WITH Mobile 1 Syn. for 30.00. If they throw a hassle tell them that store 1259 does it for that price. You cant beat that price. I mean its going to cost you 18.00-25.00 for 5 quarts of oil ALONE. Oh BTW if they dont give it to you call 1-800-wal-mart and complain (again throwing in that Store #1259 is doing it for that price), youre almost sure to get the 30.00 price.

Man, why would you let Walmart change your oil, all i hear is bad things abou there lube and tire center. Besides, when you change your own oil, it gives you time to bond and check your truck, just my Opinion.
I just assumed that everbody on this forums change there own oil????

Originally posted by 4.0SOHC
Besides, when you change your own oil, it gives you time to bond and check your truck, just my Opinion.
Yep, changed mine today, er...yesterday...the 17th.
Took a few moments to just look around and check how things are going down there.

God I hope I never have to change the passenger O2 sensor.
Whoever decided to install it on top of the exhaust pipe pointing towards the engine block was a genious.:rolleyes:

Well I know everyone at my local Walmart Tire and Lube (worked in the Electronics Dept. for three years, plus two of them drive Xs as well), and I know they are all more than capable to change my oil and properly lube where lube is needed. Besides I NEVER go into the walmart, I stand and watch them.

Abraxsis says "Im a serious computer geek who runs a small corporate networking firm, full time student (senior) majoring in Psychology, who's an amatuer grease monkey on the weekends. (Hows that for a mix?)"

I self proclaimed grease monkey who doesn't change his own oil:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back