• Register Today It's free!

Mobil1 Extended Performance oil

neoboy05

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLS
I just bought a 5 qrt can of mobil 1 extended performance oil and was wondering if anyone else had used it and with what oil filter? (got a fram extended life one)

I was just curious how real this stuff was or if it was overactive marketing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't hit a wild dog in the ass with a Fram filter. You are using great oil, use a great filter such as Mobil 1, K & N or Amsoil.

Will do. Exactly why i wanted some feedback. :)

I use a motorcraft filter with my mobil 1 15K oil. Works great for me. Just remember to change the filter every 3 or 4k miles and put in another quart of oil.

bwinterroth said:
I use a motorcraft filter with my mobil 1 15K oil. Works great for me.

When you say "it works great for you", what do you mean? Have you verified this via a UOA?

aldive said:
When you say "it works great for you", what do you mean? Have you verified this via a UOA?

yea, I did

just wondering,, what's wrong w/ Fram? I just put a Mobil one filter (oil) on my x,, wow, lil more expensive for it,, hope it's worth, it,, how about Mobile one synthetic,,? i use it from day one in my x, and we'll so far so good,, just my thoughts!

dtl 2k2 sport said:
just wondering,, what's wrong w/ Fram? I just put a Mobil one filter (oil) on my x,, wow, lil more expensive for it,, hope it's worth, it,, how about Mobile one synthetic,,? i use it from day one in my x, and we'll so far so good,, just my thoughts!
the only separation between filtered oil and unfiltered oil in fram filters is a piece of cardboard. other filter manufacturers use metal or plastic i believe? fram claims by using cardboard the adhesive can better stay stuck together. :rolleyes:

:edit: btw I'm using mobil 1 15k for the first time. I have only put about 1k on the truck since changing oil tho and now I had to put the truck in storage since i couldn't afford insurance on 2 X's so its gonna be a while before I get any results. aldive where can you take the oil to get examined?

r37ribution said:
aldive where can you take the oil to get examined?

Contact Blackstone Labs ( Dead Link Removed ); they will send you a FREE sample kit. Then you sample your oil and send the sample, along with the appropriate fee.

aldive said:
I wouldn't hit a wild dog in the ass with a Fram filter. You are using great oil, use a great filter such as Mobil 1, K & N or Amsoil.

:D

:rofl

That's hilarious...But true!

:ca:

Motorcraft filters

I use Motorcraft FL1-A filters based on oil filter tests from www.bobistheoilguy.com and the fact that they are available about anywhere, cheap, seem well made, and are original equipment. However, I think I will switch to the new Mobil1 extended life oversize filters when they come out this summer. (unless they are $20.00 or something) :rolleyes:
Blackstonelabs is the oilguys sponsor by the way.

Although I don't believe Frams are outright junk, I don't use them either.

Back