moonroof

eXplorerchic

Elite Explorer Babe
Reaction score
City, State
Decatur, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
How much do you guys think it would cost to get an moonroof installed on my sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Seems like I remember the dealer saying something about $1400. But I could be waay off and that was having it done at the dealer too.

place in my town where you can get a pretty good electric one for like $600 or so.

$1400 :eek: What kind of place would do something like add an moonroof. I'd pay around $400 or so but not over a thousand. Anyone ever added an aftermarket moonroof? Do they hold up well...no leaking or anything?

It depends on how fancy you get. For one that just pops up and with removable glass you can get them installed for about $300. For the nicer ones where the glass slides back into your headliner electrically you will pay over $1000.

and its never going to seal as well as a stock one would

just cut off your whole roof and get a soft cover with little snaps or something to hold it on (dont forget to get a rollcage too) then your ex will be totally and completly sweet!

haha sounds like a good idea chris! :D

chris is just a beast when it comes to ideas for OTHER peoples explorers... haha, jk man.. about the sun roof, id recommend going around to shops and getting quotes, and im not being sexist or anything when i say this, but wear something low cut... ive known girls who get their work done below cost, just from a little flirting... girls got it easy

hehe...yeah i have got some good deals lately :D ;)

Originally posted by liquidx9
chris is just a beast when it comes to ideas for OTHER peoples explorers... haha, jk man.. about the sun roof, id recommend going around to shops and getting quotes, and im not being sexist or anything when i say this, but wear something low cut... ive known girls who get their work done below cost, just from a little flirting... girls got it easy

hehe im just to scared to do this stuff to my own ex, so i tell others to do it so i can see if it was really a good idea after all or not :D

actually i took this idea and made another post about it to see what everyone else thinks, wouldnt that be awesome though?! cruzin down PCH with absoultly no roof, just like a convertable or something.... or kinda like one of those 21 window VW busses. i just have this image in my head that looks sooo cool.

*chic- yeah, well, if you wanna hook up some college guys with some of those discounts ;), id be down, im not broke to the point that ill man***** myself out to large mechanics and ****

*chris- someones doing that... i forget who, but its going to be jeep style, 4 doors, roll bars, convertable top. your right, it would look very cool, but no one is getting with 20 ft of my 'x' with a saw... thats why i made sure mine had the moonroof when i bought it *ahem*

i have a moon roof... i just wish it was bigger.

DON'T.....my buddy had an aftermarket sunroof in his truck, dropped the headliner down 4", and really weakend his roof. we tried to hold a tire down on the roof rack, and the roof just buckled. Would hate to see that stick it's tires towards the sky. It's not worth it.

There are a bunch of shops around here (massachusetts) that will do it for like $200 installed. And there guaranteed leakproof. $200 is the baseline price, and they go way up from there depending on what size you want. A bunch of my buddies had them put in in everything from Rams to Rangers to 85' Oldsmobiles. Im thinking about getting one, even though i have a stock moonroof. That stupid crank thing is a pain in the ass on the stock 91 moonroof.

There is no reason why an aftermarket sunroof would not be sealed the same as a stock one. Most stock sunroofs are installed at the dealer by an aftermarket sunroof place.

$300 for the lift out glass type.
$700+ for a sliding electric one, problem with these is they are TINY.

Go shopping around you will see, I have compared prices and been to about 5 shops. I will not settle for a $300 lift up glass, I have to have a power moon roof if I;m gonna do it, so I;m looking at about $1000 and I am still looking because the biggestone they had to fit my truck was to damn small, like 20" x 12" when open....yuk

I don't think its worth it, only way I'd have one is if the car came with it. Thats one of the reasons I settled on my car, because it was loaded, but i got screwed on the engine. oh well, cant have it all

Getting an aftermarket moonroof in our vehicles is kinda shady due to the fact that our roofs' are ribbed. This makes it hard to get a good seal between the moonroof anf the roof itself. I definately would research where ever are going to take it too and the cheaper that someone will put it in for, the more of a chance you will have of it leaking.

Randy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine is an aftermarket Moon Roof, electric Full open it tucks inside the roof and headliner and also vents open up. It is large. A lot bigger than the factory one. Plus the switch is in a lot better place than the Factory - Glasses Holder delete one. I will always get an aftermarket one! Plus they have a lifetime warranty not the stand truck one!

Shop arround and get a good deal and post some pics when you get it done!

Back