Motorized Antenna Mast Question? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Motorized Antenna Mast Question?

DonL

Reaction score
The antenna mast on my '95 EB 4x4 decided not to extend or retract completely the other day. I removed the trim on the fender and unscrewed the nut holding the mast in the fender and found that the flexible plastic rod with the teeth on it seems to be broken near the bottom.

Here's my question:

How do I get to the motor to inspect it and make sure that there are no left over plastic pieces from the old mast assembly inside before I insert the new mast assembly? Do I have to remove the fender?

Any other insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
DonL

remove the rear part of the plastic fender trim in the wheelwell. To help, you can remove the r/f tire or jack it up and turn it.

Thanks RiverRat,

Sounds fairly easy. After I get access to the motor thru the wheel-well, do I just remove the three Phillips screws on the top of the fender to release the motor, or are there additional fasteners holding it in palce?

DonL

Whoops... I just now found the thread about the "Power" antenna. Sorry for the duplication. I looked for "Motorized" when I did my search before posting my question. I think all my questions are answered.

Thanks again.

Back