• Register Today It's free!

muffler Q

SilverBullet

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Eddie Bauer AWD 5.0
I'm looking at running a true dual 2.5" exhaust, using two super 40 mufflers. In trying to come up with a design, I'm wondering if there would be a performance difference (different flow patterns) in using a center inlet/center outlet versus say, an offset inlet/offset outlet and so on?

Also, what about placement.. is it better to have the mufflers closer to the front of the system, or further back towards the end of the exhaust system

Are you going to eliminate the spare? With mine only a 4.0, i ran (no longer have) a single in/DO and the spare had to be removed. With a little blocking added to the front plate (where the spare rests when in full-up position, i was able to put it back on after it was done. One problem with mine, though, due to the gas tank location they ran it along the inner-side of the tank and near the overflow (evap) tube to the charcoal canister (for the tank). The extreme heat from the dual pipe melted part of the tube. As far as placement of the mufflers go, i guess it depends on how much ground clearance you have (could mount 2 center-in/center-out vertically, side-by-side near the original muffler location) or flat at the rear where the spare would be.

Back