Mustang 4.6 intake manifold swap | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mustang 4.6 intake manifold swap

likibow

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ST Limited V8 2007
Hey guys i was doing some research and was thinking to do a intake manifold swap from a 2007 mustang 4.6, i just want to know if it's worth all the trouble, i mean how much HP is it gonna give my ST, thanks.

I have an intake manifold and have been studying the differences. I don't think you will "gain" any dramatic amounts of horsepower. You may gain 10-15hp tops and all in the upper end. You would most likely lose some lower to mid range torque also. Also the inlet of the throttlebody is now facing down at an angle directly at the front of the engine not slightly offset to the driver side and facing up to clear the fan shroud. I am pretty sure everything can be over come without to much work though. I am considering using it also. But, I have another block from a Mustang ( aluminum, siamese cylinders ) and working on a big bore 5.0l or a big bore/stroker to 5.3l ( 326 cid ). That will help bring all the torque back if I lose any. Also, I have measured the twin 55mm throttlebody and figured out the area. It is right at the same as my single blade overbored Zytek throttlebody. Some food for thought... :usa:

thanks for clearing that up for me!

Back