• Register Today It's free!

mustang rims and 256/70/17

01 limited

Reaction score
City, State
Fremont Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 limited
I just picked up some 99 gt rims and 265/70/17's. I installed them and have some rubbing isues while turning and i have less than an 1/4" from the tire to upper ball joint. Has anybody this problem with mustang rims. I've heard other people talking about 265's fitting but wondering how. Are there any spacers i can run to get extra clearance woth the tire and ball joint? Also has anybody tried lightning steering stops to rid the rubbing?

p90x013.jpg

p90x014.jpg

p90x015.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yup, I have some 1995 Mustang GT tri-spoke rims I got for free and refinished them gunmetal myself. I also got some half tread 245/65/17 for free and I rub at close to full steering lock at the same spot. I lowered the front end 1" to match the rear.

I got some 225/65/17 im putting on next because you guessed it, I got them for free! Ahh the benefits of working at a dealership!

i have 96 mustang gt rims with 255/50/17 tires and i have no issues with rubbing, obviously because they are smaller, but i would buy 3/8" spacers and you will be fine. i dont really like spacers but i havent had any issues with mine. (i have them on the rear to make it look a little wider)

Yup, I have some 1995 Mustang GT tri-spoke rims I got for free and refinished them gunmetal myself. I also got some half tread 245/65/17 for free and I rub at close to full steering lock at the same spot. I lowered the front end 1" to match the rear.

I got some 225/65/17 im putting on next because you guessed it, I got them for free! Ahh the benefits of working at a dealership!

Yeah i workl at a dealer too but not too often coming accross a set of 17's on an suv that are still good. I don't wana put on car tires.

Prozac where did u get the spacers from?

Yeah i workl at a dealer too but not too often coming accross a set of 17's on an suv that are still good. I don't wana put on car tires.

Prozac where did u get the spacers from?

i got them from pep boys, they were about $20 per pair and the stock lugs were plenty long enough to use safely!

Back