My 79 Z28 Camaro | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 79 Z28 Camaro

Ya it does sound pretty nice....I can't wait until we have the dual electronic cut-outs installed....:eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh, come on man! you could of at least opened up the secondaries! i was expecting a high rpm blast. that motor is good up to 6 grand. now, dont come back until you have a video of that car ala "jamest avatar" style.

BTW- sounds great. brings back alot of memories. :)

You will get your high RPM blast and james avatar style video soon enough, my friend.

evil laugh- muhahahah... rubbing hands together perrrrrfect.

Wow.....Sweeet car. can't wait for that next video. I'll just keep drooling:D

Ok guys I am already getting another itch. I want to explore the options for supercharging the 350. The engine is compressed to about 10:1 right now so I know I wouldn't be able to run much boost but I wouldn't want to swap the heads yet. How much boost do yall think I could run, I want to use an ATI procharger system? Any input from chevy guys, thanks.

with 10:1 you will be pushing it with only 6psi and the timing cut back. that is a nitrous motor plain and simple. personally, i wouldnt run boost on that motor. remember, nitrous loves compression.

10:1 is really pushing it on pump gas, even with aluminum heads. you would proly have to run 25%-50% race gas to run the measly 6 psi.

Ya the lowest gas going in it right now is 93 octane.

get some forged lower compression pistons. 8.5 is usally the norm for forced induction. then you'll be set. buit dont forget that it needs more fuel too. i dont know what injectors and what pump you have, but make sure you dont run lean.

looks good, just a couple questions. Why you running stock rocker arms??? and that really doesn't sound like that big of a cam, what is it? crane, comp, edelbrock??? Love the car though, had a 79 a lot like it except with a 68 327. Just as easy to work on as any 60's car.

:chug: :chug:

what combustion chambers are you running to get the 10:1??? you can drop compression quickly by changing to a set of 76cc heads, and they're all over the place. Casting #882 has proven to be the best of these heads. Of course World Products makes a good 76cc head too. I too have to say that it's more of a nitrous motor. Either way I'd look for a set of aluminum heads, that much compression is just asking for detonation. I'd also look at getting a nitrous cam from comp cams, you can drop the pan without pulling the motor, have a new cam in over the weekend. Just be ready to jet the carb up for it.

:chug: :chug:

We are running stock rocker arms because the guy who built the engine put them on...roller rockers comin soon....the sound clip really doesn't do the cam justice...don't have the specs but it is a pretty beefy cam (crane).

So whats new with this project? havent updated in a while.....

sort of dead in the water right now...we've been doing preventative maintenance lately i.e. replace cylinder ignition switch, etc.

I see, well at least your still workin on it. keep it up

Back