My 79 Z28 Camaro | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 79 Z28 Camaro

Ya I know what you mean..fortunately we are leaving it to people who restore old cars for a living.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just cant wait till i get my project...... a 72 Chevelle SS 454! woo hoo, talk about a bad ass car....god i cant wait..... looks great!

oh yeah and remember everyone, we are the explorer board, we dont need to act like most of the other boards out there, im sure if you guys have visited another forum you realize what a great board this is......

Updated Pics

Here are some updated pics as of yesterday:

back2_new_small.JPG

engine_bay_new_small.JPG

front2_new_small.JPG

hood2_new_small.JPG

side3_new_small.JPG

side_small_new.JPG

lookin good

keep up the pics:D

Tha looks gr8. Keep up the pics....makes me wish I still had mine. :mad: Sniff, Sniff.

Hey Hornz, did you start it before you shipped it off on the truck? It would be a shame to not even hear it run for 10 years ,and then simply replace that engine....:(

Cranckcase, it was simply not startable and from a fiscal point of view it was much smarter to just replace it with a brand new engine because costwise getting the old one to start again would have been pretty $$..Anyways, I think it had a cracked block. Plus, the crate engine going in it is a 350 but it puts out close to 350 HP whereas the OEM 350 in there only put out 205, and that is a conservative estimate.

Preston,
The pics aren't working for me anymore...........is it just me?

Robb

BTW: What is the latest on the beast?

Pics aren't working at all....My host is down for now try in a couple hours.

Im not sure if this video is like your car (pics arent working) but i made this video two weekends ago. It was taken at our local track and i witnessed all of the american V8's get smoked around the track because the imports have better traction and handleing around turn 3. I have about 10 video's of cars spinning around that corner and one almost smacks the wall.

Last month a guy with a 89 cougar lost control around turn 3 and hit the wall head on. So this month i decided to bring my camcorder and there were no casualties. Last month 2 cars were totaled and 4 cars were damaged pretty bad.

Here is a link to the camaro video i made. http://members.cox.net/portmnfwr/speedway/camarospin.wmv

show us the rest of your videos.

Nice car hornz!

New Pictures/Videos Engine

We went yesterday (Saturday 10-5-02) to pick up the 350 motor which was built for us. The following are some pictures of what he built us, then he went ahead and threw on a fan, radiator, carb, starter, etc, etc, etc. so that we could hear the engine. The compression of the engine is just about 10:1 and currently is set up for about 350 - 375 HP running on 97 octane fuel but with a few changes could easily produce 500 HP naturally aspirated. One thing about this engine..it has an ASSLOAD of torque. Anyways, here ya go... Carter Carb and all the other good stuff go on next.

motor_small.jpg

motor3_small.jpg

motor5_small.jpg

motor8_small.jpg

motor9_small.jpg

Video clip of engine idling..sounds great..:
Engine Idling
He had a bad carb on there one time, almost lost his eyebrows:
Carbeurator Fire

looks amazing man, I can not wait to see the finished product.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

not to get O/T but man that guy in the video couldn't drive at all!!!

Back