My 79 Z28 Camaro | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 79 Z28 Camaro

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it looks great. but why did you go with a 2.73 rear?
i wouldv'e definitley went with 3.73. since you're putting all this money into the car, you should make it so it will tear s**t up off the line.

I know....3.73s will be going in shortly after car is completed.

SWEET, looking really nice!!!! After my CJ2a is up to par, ill be looking for an older Mustang to restore, god bless the classics!

Pretty nice looking car. :D

Have you been over at Nasty Z28.com yet ?

www.nastyz28.com

Nothing but 2nd gen Camaros - 70-81.

Our latest set of pictures: engine dropped in car and exhaust work..I will let the pictures speak for themselves.
Dsc00466small.jpg

Dsc00467small.jpg

Dsc00469small.jpg

Dsc00470small.jpg

Dsc00535small.jpg

Dsc00536small.jpg

Dsc00537small.jpg

Dsc00538small.jpg

Dsc00539small.jpg

Dsc00540small.jpg

holy crap that car looks sweet.. so clean it shoudl be a show car..any plans on a lil cross country drive up to NY anytime soon?? :D

what x-pipe did you use? Almost looks like a catted Magnaflow or Bassani x-pipe? That engine is gonna scream with Flows and an x-pipe on a 350:thumbsup: Very sweet car!

It does scream, let me tell you. Believe it or not, the guy that did the exhaust made that X-pipe himself...I watched him do it. Took 3 hours for him to get it perfect.

hornz- that is SOOO clean! man, i am seriously impressed. i will always have a deep love affair with the small block chevy.

one question, was there a specific reason why you installed cats on the car?

Glad to see the car is comming along well, for a minute i thought you guys were gonna drop the engine with the header aiming right at the windsheild, but obviously yall figured it out:p

James,

Well my dad is the one paying for it all and he requested that it be able to pass emissions...:confused:
But I can't really argue with the one writing the checks for it. I do believe, however, that 79 was not exempt from emissions standards as 79s came stock with cats. No worries, though, next month I am having a cutout installed.

Here is a video/sound clip of the 350 engine starting up, idling, and getting a few revs thrown. (big cam, Hooker shorties, Hi-flow cats, custom x-pipe, dual flowmaster 40's to 2.5 in piping.)

Clip

Originally posted by hornz2000
Here is a video/sound clip of the 350 engine starting up, idling, and getting a few revs thrown. (big cam, Hooker shorties, Hi-flow cats, custom x-pipe, dual flowmaster 40's to 2.5 in piping.)

Clip

Dead Link Removed holy ****.... Dead Link Removed Thats one mean cam you have in there.... Dead Link Removed

loL.. sounds awesome. but "im getting killed by the fumes" lol..

Originally posted by jssong
loL.. sounds awesome. but "im getting killed by the fumes" lol..
I loved that part, LOL, "I'm getting killed by the fumes":bounce: , poor kid lol.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

haha ya it is my 8 yr old brother trying to work the digital camera.

Back