My '97 Mountaineer | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Man you did get a great deal, Unfortunately Mine was only 1000 tax and everything included. 151,000 same color and options.

I don't believe you. Mine is in perfect shape. In and out. Engine and trans perfect. Brand new tires and a class 3 Reese hitch

If you paid BestBuy for "Professional Installation" you need to go back to that professional and tell them to complete the installation you already paid for. Proper electric antenna operation is part of the install and they did not complete their job if it is not working properly.
They would not be responsible if the antenna did not operate properly before the install or if it worked properly when you first picked the truck up.

Nice buy on the truck, looks awesome.

i just dont think they hooked the radio up to the antenna at all. the motor makes no noise. and i didnt go to best buy. the guy at best buy told me i needed it professionally installed so i went somewhere else. could i have installed this radio myself or was there extra wiring needed? i know how to connect the wires but the guy at best buy told me i had a different type of model mountaineer and the wire for the antenna was in my trunk area so i needed to get a wire all the way back there. does this make more sense? either way im going to the place that installed it in 30 minutes when they open. i was just concerened about it and i really have no patience when it comes to something that should have been done alreaedy. ESPECIALLY on my mountaineer

When I first bought it, I did a complete detail even though it was pretty clean. Only took a few pics of the outside. Next time I detail it up and polish it, I'm going to make a thread with plenty of pics (no time for a complete detail right now because of school). Here's a couple pics:

37552_136957863002132_127057313992187_238651_2999907_n.jpg

37552_136957866335465_127057313992187_238652_5357121_n.jpg

It's a great vehicle for me because it's reliable, gives me AWD for winter, and gives me space to haul junk. It's my second car (first is a 2005 Ford Focus) but I've wanted one of these since before I could drive, just took me time to find a deal on one.

I love that truck. It is IDENTICAL to the one my mom had back in the late 90s. I miss that truck.

Back