My Adventure With my Explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Adventure With my Explorer

Having an Xbox in your truck would be cool but you wouldn't be able to play it while driving if you are using a disc-based game, i'm pretty sure it would skip. It'd be better to change it to play games off the hard drive. If this guide makes any sense you should try it.
http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox.shtml

i wanna do more mods on my sport too

Oh really? I would have though you were sticking to just the dual flows and yellow fog lights as far as "mods" go. Maybe you should get started on those and turn your computer off for a while. Or forever.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Having an Xbox in your truck would be cool but you wouldn't be able to play it while driving if you are using a disc-based game, i'm pretty sure it would skip. It'd be better to change it to play games off the hard drive. If this guide makes any sense you should try it.
http://www.techfreaks.org/articles/modxbox.shtml

I'm pretty sure if you use a x360, it wouldn't skip it would ruin your discs... there is a little plastic piece that Microsoft refused to put into all the 360s that stabilizes the discs. If the disc moves inside the system while it's spinning, you get a ringed disc. had it happen to my brand new copy of COD4 :mad::mad::mad::mad: so if you decide to do this... definitively convert it over to be hard drive driven.

I have all ready had my XBOX in the car when I had my old video deck and never had any problems with it. The PS3 on the other hand.

Oh really? I would have though you were sticking to just the dual flows and yellow fog lights as far as "mods" go. Maybe you should get started on those and turn your computer off for a while. Or forever.

ROFL, wow I cannot help but laugh my ass off at this cus it's so true :bsnicker:

i wanna do more mods on my sport too

Sell the Caddy, Sam. You have been stuck on those few mods you have for years now. :p:

(Sorry to hijack a good thread).

Its not crackly its jus tthe stupid camera. My video camera was busted so I had to use the camera on my cell phone. Yea its 2.5 out. Next mod is going to be the new paint job. So it maybe awhile before the update while I gather the cash.

Played on LIVE a lot with my cell phone internet.. nothing like lag... but it works.. lol

All right I'm starting to get close to being able to take one of the biggest steps in all this and that is getting it painted. I got a few ideas wonder what you guys think.

0612tr_01_z+ford_f_650+front_view.jpg

Do this desgin but put the black on the bottom and do like a blue for the top.

Or

60111096136050956145325.jpg

Somethign like this but change the red to blue.

Good Lord, those are gigantic trucks... wonder how much all that costs. I think the second color scheme would look pretty cool, that's for sure.

Thats the F-650 I think they are about $25,000 or so used. I think the first one may look better on the explorer though.

Wow, you're not messing around with the interior! I don't think I've ever seen an XBOX in an Ex yet, or any console for that matter lol. You should get a wireless adapter for a live account to play on WiFi networks.

If you get an Cradlepoint MBR-1000 and a USB AirCard, you get get on-line from just about anywhere, and you can do it wirelessly. Check it out. An 802.11 BGN Router and wireless card. Too cool....

Spin:usa:

I all ready can get online from anywhere with my blackberry. IM not worried about being able to use XBOX live.

Well, the car is heading to the paint shop this Saturday or next Saturday. Its going to look pretty nice. I think everyone will be surpized.

Well I got some quotes and it costed a little more than i though but I'm really close to being able to get painted. I want your guys opinion. This is alot of money and I want to make sure it will look right. Here is mychoices what you guys think.

alans_truck2_400.jpg

0907trweb_19_z+2009_scrapin_the_coast_truck_show+black_red_chevy_c10_custom.jpg

l_481e790b87fe49878bcb16d96286da8f.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im leaning towards the 3rd one. They said 2.5 weeks to complete this and I think I'm going to be taking it up there next weekend.

Back